The following forum(s) are migrating to a new home on Microsoft Q&A (Preview): Developing Universal Windows apps!

Ask new questions on Microsoft Q&A (Preview).
Interact with existing posts until December 13, 2019, after which content will be closed to all new and existing posts.

Learn More

none
MDM support for Windows Phone 8 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

Is there any MDM (Mobile Device Management)  support available for Windows Phone 7.5 (Mango) & Windows Phone 8 (Apollo).

I tried same with SCCM (System Center Configuration Manager) 2012 but the documentation say it only supports Windows Phone 7.

Is there any other wayout( other than using APIs) to do the same.

Tuesday, September 11, 2012 9:50 AM

All replies

• Windows Phone 8 isn't released yet.  You will have to wait until the phone is released or Microsoft decide to release that information.

Windows Phone 7 generally means 7.0 through to and including 7.5.

There are no public APIs for device management.

• Proposed as answer by Jim Perry Tuesday, September 11, 2012 12:55 PM
    Tuesday, September 11, 2012 12:07 PM
  • Is there any other wayout( other than using APIs) to do the same.

I want to try Windows Phone 7.5 (Mango) MDM setup using SCCM 2012 SP1 beta,until Windwos Phone 8 (Apollo) released..

Where to find the relevant support.

Tuesday, September 18, 2012 9:41 AM
  • If i remeber Apollo was the origional code name to update the devices to 7.5.1 which is in the sdk 7.1.1 now there isnt a code name for 7.8 or windows phone 8. But please correct me if im wrong.
    Tuesday, September 18, 2012 6:24 PM
  • Nobody here really knows. SCCM 2012 supports Windows Phone 7. There isn't anything that supports Windows Phone 8, since it hasn't been released yet. That's all we can tell you.

Tuesday, September 18, 2012 7:15 PM