none
How to Disable Concurrent garbage Collection in Windows Phone 8 RRS feed

• Question

• Hai,

I need to disable Concurrent Garbage Collection in my Application because iam receiving Execution Engine Exception while running my application.When i searched for this error I learned that during Garbage Collection this error is arising.In this site http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2679415/en-us i found that by disabling concurrent Garbage Collection this error can be avoided.I posted forum for this error lot of times.But i didnt get any solution for this.Pls anybody help me to fix this issue because its a major problem iam facing in my application.Thanks in Advance

Tuesday, September 24, 2013 7:05 AM

All replies

• I seriously doubt that's your issue.  It says it occurs only on x64 .NET 4.0 architecture, which the Phone is not part of.  If you provide a call stack, it will be easier to understand the problem.

Matt Small - Microsoft Escalation Engineer - Forum Moderator
    If my reply answers your question, please mark this post as answered.

NOTE: If I ask for code, please provide something that I can drop directly into a project and run (including XAML), or an actual application project. I'm trying to help a lot of people, so I don't have time to figure out weird snippets with undefined objects and unknown namespaces.

Tuesday, September 24, 2013 7:21 PM
  • Hai Matt Small,

Thanks for u r rply.Here is the Message i have got in output window.

'TaskHost.exe' (CLR C:\windows\system32\coreclr.dll: DefaultDomain): Loaded 'C:\windows\system32\mscorlib.ni.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
    'TaskHost.exe' (CLR C:\windows\system32\coreclr.dll: Silverlight AppDomain): Loaded 'C:\windows\system32\System.Windows.RuntimeHost.ni.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
    'TaskHost.exe' (CLR C:\windows\system32\coreclr.dll: Silverlight AppDomain): Loaded 'C:\windows\system32\System.Windows.ni.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
    'TaskHost.exe' (CLR C:\windows\system32\coreclr.dll: Silverlight AppDomain): Loaded 'C:\windows\system32\System.Net.ni.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
    'TaskHost.exe' (CLR C:\windows\system32\coreclr.dll: Silverlight AppDomain): Loaded 'C:\windows\system32\System.ni.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
    'TaskHost.exe' (CLR C:\windows\system32\coreclr.dll: Silverlight AppDomain): Loaded 'C:\windows\system32\System.Xml.ni.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
    'TaskHost.exe' (CLR C:\windows\system32\coreclr.dll: Silverlight AppDomain): Loaded 'C:\Data\Programs\{8CA6F6EF-6395-4102-8A10-96624D377EAB}\Install\InfoAppManager.DLL'. Symbols loaded.
    'TaskHost.exe' (CLR C:\windows\system32\coreclr.dll: Silverlight AppDomain): Loaded 'C:\windows\system32\Microsoft.Phone.ni.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
    'TaskHost.exe' (CLR C:\windows\system32\coreclr.dll: Silverlight AppDomain): Loaded 'C:\windows\system32\Microsoft.Phone.Interop.ni.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
    'TaskHost.exe' (CLR C:\windows\system32\coreclr.dll: Silverlight AppDomain): Loaded 'C:\windows\system32\System.Core.ni.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
    'TaskHost.exe' (CLR C:\windows\system32\coreclr.dll: Silverlight AppDomain): Loaded 'C:\Data\Programs\{8CA6F6EF-6395-4102-8A10-96624D377EAB}\Install\Community.CsharpSqlite.WP.DLL'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
    'TaskHost.exe' (CLR C:\windows\system32\coreclr.dll: Silverlight AppDomain): Loaded 'C:\windows\system32\WinMetadata\Windows.winmd'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
    'TaskHost.exe' (CLR C:\windows\system32\coreclr.dll: Silverlight AppDomain): Loaded 'C:\windows\system32\System.Runtime.InteropServices.WindowsRuntime.ni.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
    The thread 0xdb0 has exited with code 259 (0x103).
    The thread 0x938 has exited with code 259 (0x103).
    The program '[2872] TaskHost.exe' has exited with code 0 (0x0).
    Exception in Execution Engine Exception.What is the reason iam getting this issue? Pls help me to solve this issue.

Wednesday, September 25, 2013 4:56 AM
  • Hi,

I Guess These are the warnings that are not causing any problem. You must look deeper into your code from where your app is crashing or creating problem. Try to debug by taking in place some debug in which scenario your app is crashing.

Arslan Pervaiz

Wednesday, September 25, 2013 5:26 AM
  • Hai Arslan ,

Thanks for u r rply.The error doesnt appears in particular place of code.It suddenly appears any part of the code in any time and i sure that the problem was not with the code because the Exception  'Execution Engine Exception' is when there is an internal error in the execution engine of the common language runtime.Can u pls tell me how to avoid this error?

Wednesday, September 25, 2013 12:30 PM
  • Does the problem occur while debugging?  If so, go to Debug -> Windows -> Call Stack when the exception has occurred and paste that content here.

Matt Small - Microsoft Escalation Engineer - Forum Moderator
    If my reply answers your question, please mark this post as answered.

NOTE: If I ask for code, please provide something that I can drop directly into a project and run (including XAML), or an actual application project. I'm trying to help a lot of people, so I don't have time to figure out weird snippets with undefined objects and unknown namespaces.

Wednesday, September 25, 2013 12:56 PM