none
Windows phone App on Windows 10 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, i have a question, i don't know how to do that. I am beggining study built a windows phone app. I install visual studio 2013 on windows 10 pro technical preview, but now, have windows phone 8.1 sdk. Can I develop windows phone app on windows 10?
    Wednesday, March 25, 2015 2:04 PM

All replies

• Yes. The SDK is just not yet released. Don't worry
    Wednesday, March 25, 2015 2:41 PM
  • You can build Windows 10 apps with the preview tools, but you need to install Visual Studio CTP 6 as well as the Windows 10 Tools for Developers (and of course be on Windows 10 Technical Preview, preferably the latest build). Visit the Windows Insider page for all the links.

Note that on Windows 10 there isn't really any such thing as a phone app. It will be just a Windows 10 app, and it will run on phones (and you can implement phone-specific functionality as well). There is therefore only one template for a Windows 10 app at the moment instead of separate phone, PC, and universal templates.

If you are building an app for release soon you should probably stick with 8.1. The tools for developing Windows 10 apps are not complete, and there is no way yet to publish Windows 10 apps.

I'm a self-taught noob amateur. Please take this into account when responding to my posts or when taking advice from me.

Thursday, March 26, 2015 3:01 AM
  • And Windows 10 Preview may be a little...surprising...
    Thursday, March 26, 2015 8:30 AM
  • Be sure to follow the preview installation guide provided here http://dev.windows.com/en-us/windows-10-developer-preview-tools. Note that you will need Windows 10 Technical Preview build 10041 or later to ensure the Universal App Platform will work. I say this because Visual Studio 2015 CTP 6 will run on earlier Windows 10 Technical Preview builds.

Thanks for your post develop something great today! 

Thursday, March 26, 2015 3:51 PM