none
Failed Package Sanity Test in WACK test RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, I am using desktop bridging to package my desktop WPF app into a UWP app and ran into WACK test issue.

Description:

When I run the Windows Application Certification Test, it fails the Package Sanity test for launching external executables which is prohibited in Windows 10 S (as of my knowledge).

The issue is that, the app won't actually launch any other executables during runtime, and even some 3-rd party libraries are listed in the result, which cannot be controlled.

Question:

1. May I know if this is due to usage of Process.Start() in my code? However even if I clean up all Process.Start() in my code, I still don't know if it will help with the 3-rd party libraries I am using.

2. May I know how the Windows 10 S moving away thing will affect this WACK test? Or can I still upload to Microsoft Store even if I fail this WACK test.

Tuesday, June 16, 2020 1:38 AM

All replies

• Hi

Please check this document first: Prepare to package a desktop application, please make sure your app meets the requirements inside the document.

Also, you could check this document for the error you got in WACK test, it will give some suggestions about how to correct the error.

Generally, process.start is not allowed to use in store apps.

Best regards,

Roy

"Developing Universal Windows apps" forum will be migrating to a new home on Microsoft Q&A (Preview)!
    We invite you to post new questions in the "Developing Universal Windows apps" forum’s new home on Microsoft Q&A (Preview)!
    For more information, please refer to the sticky post.

Tuesday, June 16, 2020 3:33 AM
  • Hi Roy,

Thanks for answering my previous question!

I thought desktop bridge apps are running with fulltrust by default? Does not that mean that I can launch external executables using Process.Start?

Also, some of the DLLs the kit listed actually belong to some Microsoft Assemblies, so is that forbidden as well?

Best Regards,

Wang Wei

Tuesday, June 16, 2020 7:12 AM
  • Hi,

Yes, desktop bridge apps are running with fulltrust by default but it doesn't mean the desktop bridge app could do same features like desktop apps. 

Desktop bridge app with fulltrust could launch internal executables not external executables. 

Best regards,

Roy

"Developing Universal Windows apps" forum will be migrating to a new home on Microsoft Q&A (Preview)!
    We invite you to post new questions in the "Developing Universal Windows apps" forum’s new home on Microsoft Q&A (Preview)!
    For more information, please refer to the sticky post.

Wednesday, June 17, 2020 7:43 AM