Submit app failed because security test incomplete RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, I'm submitting my app on Windows Store but failed

One of the reason is incomplete on security test

This test scans your app for malware and unwanted behaviors.

When I read on :

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/apps/hh921583.aspx

Tests the app for the presence of malicious software.

An app can fail this test if its contents appear to be infected with a virus or if it could serve as an entry point for malware.

Check your development system for viruses and malware by running the latest antivirus software and rebuild your app's package.

How to resolve this problem? Is my computer infected by virus, and clean it will enough to pass this security test?

Or there any suggestion to solve this problem?

Thanks

Friday, January 18, 2013 5:36 AM

Answers

• Hi, how to prevent this?

Thanks

Tried submitting from an other computer?

What is a code digger? Find out here: http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Code+digger

Friday, January 25, 2013 6:40 AM
  • Please contact developer support if you have any questions about your certification results.

-Eric

Tuesday, February 5, 2013 6:33 PM
  • Hey Kapalapi,

Personally, I re-install my operating system when I am made aware of malware. Due to the complexities of todays malware and viruses, they can imbed themselves inside you OS, and jump location during a security scan to miss being detected. If your app has reported malware, depending on the size of the app, I would review the code and look for the unfamiliar, but as long as you are using that same system on the same installed OS that the virus was detected on, you run the risk.

And to answer your latest post, we review the information inside the package you submit for certification every time it is submitted. As long as our system detects and dangerous code (Virus/malware) we will fail it. This is for everyone's security I can assure you that. If you are looking for help cleaning your system, I recommend Answers.Microsoft.com they have a great community and help with those problems on a daily basis.

Thanks for the post!

-Robert

• Marked as answer by kapalapi Thursday, February 7, 2013 4:48 AM
    Tuesday, February 5, 2013 6:45 PM

All replies

• Hi any suggestion to solve this?

Please help

Thanks

Monday, January 21, 2013 4:31 AM

Thanks

Friday, January 25, 2013 5:10 AM

Thanks

Tried submitting from an other computer?

What is a code digger? Find out here: http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Code+digger

Friday, January 25, 2013 6:40 AM
  • Hi, if I already clean my computer with anti virus, is that enough to pass this security pass?

Thanks

Tuesday, January 29, 2013 7:02 AM
  • Please contact developer support if you have any questions about your certification results.

-Eric

Tuesday, February 5, 2013 6:33 PM
  • Hey Kapalapi,

Personally, I re-install my operating system when I am made aware of malware. Due to the complexities of todays malware and viruses, they can imbed themselves inside you OS, and jump location during a security scan to miss being detected. If your app has reported malware, depending on the size of the app, I would review the code and look for the unfamiliar, but as long as you are using that same system on the same installed OS that the virus was detected on, you run the risk.

And to answer your latest post, we review the information inside the package you submit for certification every time it is submitted. As long as our system detects and dangerous code (Virus/malware) we will fail it. This is for everyone's security I can assure you that. If you are looking for help cleaning your system, I recommend Answers.Microsoft.com they have a great community and help with those problems on a daily basis.

Thanks for the post!

-Robert

• Marked as answer by kapalapi Thursday, February 7, 2013 4:48 AM
    Tuesday, February 5, 2013 6:45 PM