none
[UWP] Which one should I choose in a music app ? AudioGraph vs MediaPlayer RRS feed

• Question

• I've already done an Music app with MediaPlayer. But since AudioGraph API showed up and add MediaSource support recently. I'm start wondering is it better to use AudioGraph to play music ?

• First reason is that AudioGraph had already implement some AudioEffect (like Equlizer). (I've wrote a custom Equalizer Effect and add it to MediaPlayer)
    • Second I don't know if AudioQuality would be better by using AudioGraph ? (like change output device to ASIO / WASAPI ?)

But in programming perspective, its more complicated to implement an AudioGraph based player since it missing lots of event and properties provided by MediaPlayer.

Any thoughts ? 

Wednesday, June 12, 2019 7:47 AM

Answers

• Hi,

According to your words, you've already done an app with MediaPlayer, and AudioGraph is a little bit more complicated. Currently it's hard to say which is better. But it depends on yourself. I would suggest that you could use the existing app first. When AudioGraph has more supported functions, then you could make a try with that.

Best regards,

Roy

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

• Marked as answer by FatJohn Thursday, June 13, 2019 12:52 PM
    Thursday, June 13, 2019 7:55 AM