The following forum(s) have migrated to Microsoft Q&A (Preview): Developing Universal Windows apps!
Visit Microsoft Q&A (Preview) to post new questions.

Learn More

[UWP]How to migrate windows 8 app to windows 10 ? RRS feed

Answers

All replies

• Hello suresh,

>>How to migrate windows 8 app to windows 10?

Generally, we say windows 8 app means a windows 8 store app, so if I understand correctly, you are trying to upgrade a windows 8 store app to a windows 10 UWP application, if I am right, then for achieving what you want, you need to follow below two steps:

1. Porting Windows Store apps to Windows 8.1

2. Migrate apps to the Universal Windows Platform (UWP)

If what I provided is not helpful, for further help you, please provide a clear clarification as what your windows 8 app is, a windows store app, a windows phone app or a desktop application? I suggest you could check this guide post: https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/windowsapps/en-US/b479e984-ca39-4b34-a6b7-85194b54d8bd/guide-to-posting-subject-line-tags?forum=wpdevelop which would help clarify your post and let people easily tell what it is about please use a clear and concise subject and include applicable tags.

Regards.

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Wednesday, July 22, 2015 7:27 AM
  • Hi Fred Bao,

Thanks for answering my question. what you understand is correct as per my question and 

Sorry for not describing the question clearly. I have done migrating my windows 8 store app to windows 10 UWP.

thanks.

suresh

Monday, August 3, 2015 6:06 AM