none
[Destkop Bridge][UWP]Migrating UWP app to Windows Application Packaging Project RRS feed

• Question

• We have a UWP app that has been published to the Microsoft Store. As such, it has a Store association (unique id, certificate, etc, etc).

We are working on a new version of the app that requires the use of "full trust" features. The new version of the app will have both the UWP app and a new WPF app that runs "full trust." (The published version is only a UWP app; the new version will be a UWP app + a WPF app). It is my understanding that this is accomplished using the Windows Application Packaging Project.

I have created the packaging project and placed both the UWP and the WPF app within it. When building, the packaging project now becomes the one that generates the app bundle that will be used. Indeed, the packaging project is now the one that will generate the bundle that will be deployed to the Microsoft Store.

My question is, how do I now change the Store association to point to the packaging project instead of the UWP app? If I copy over the details from the "Packaging" section of the Package.appxmanifest of the UWP app to the corresponding section of the packaging project, I get build error PRI175 "Duplicate entry" when building the packaging project. Likewise, if I right click on my packaging project file -> Store -> Associate App With the Store -> and I select the existing app, I get the same error. Evidently, it doesn't like having the UWP app and the packaging project with the same packaging parameters in their manifests. I somehow need to "transfer" the store association from the UWP app project to the packaging project, but it is not clear to me how this is done. Any help would be appreciated.

Wednesday, August 14, 2019 8:10 PM

All replies

• Hi,

I test about the question you said. But I got a different result after doing the same thing. I created an app that contains the UWP app and WPF app. Then use windows application package project to merge them so that UWP app could launch the WPF app using launch fulltrust. Then I tried to associate the Packaging app with a published app. Then I have got any error about this. It succeed like this:

I'm not sure about where the problem is. But I have some suggestions for you that you can have a try. 

First, create another test app contains WPF app and UWP app, and then try to associate it with the store app archive.

Second, create a new app archive in the dev center and try to associate it with the old app(the app that you failed to associate)

Best regards,

Roy

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Thursday, August 15, 2019 5:30 AM