none
Unpublishing 8.1 app so i can resolve issues is not showing older 8.0, 7.1 versions in the store anymore

Question

• So I submitted a new 8.1 version of an app, with an existing 8.0. and 7.1 version in place. My understanding was you just unpublish that app and the store will revert to the latest older version. However now I see 2 of my apps are published but the store is not showing my app at all now. I need to fix issue in my new app but I don't want my users to no be able to reinstall the older version they paid for. How do I fix this?
    Saturday, April 25, 2015 3:24 AM

All replies

• I also tried creating a quick port of the 8.0 version to 8.1 using the same identity info... however the app store wont let me remove the APPX version.  Keeps saying it the last 8.1 version even though there is a XAP version 8.1 attached.  It even gives a warning saying the XAP version will be used since the version is higher.
    Saturday, April 25, 2015 9:48 PM
  • Hello Sflanders,

Once you add support for 8.1 it must continue for all future versions of your app.

Please contact Dev Center support so we can better understand the issue and discuss the options you may have.

-Eric

Windows and Windows Phone Dev Center Support

Send us your feedback about the Windows Platform

Monday, April 27, 2015 4:55 PM
    Owner
  • As i mentioned in the previous posts.  I posted my first 8.1 version for my phone app.  It happen to be an APPX instead of the older XAP format.  My users ran into issues and was looking at ways to get them back to a good state.  I tried unpublishing the 8.1 but that removed it from the store, so i did a quick up-port of my original 8.0 silverlight app to 8.1 and tried publishing that.  The problem was the store would not let me remove the APPX version.  I wanted to do a quick swap so my users could continue using the older 8.0 app as a 8.1 version of it.   On Dev Center where should i be looking.  I originally posted an email and was directed to these forums.  Thanks.

Monday, April 27, 2015 10:14 PM
  • You shouldn't need to remove the .APPX app...I would expect publishing a new version (regardless of whether it's Silverlight/.XAP or WinRT/.APPX) supersedes the currently published one? Is the version number higher?

Don't forget that app updates can take a short while to filter through the store, so don't assume the update didn't work if it's not available immediately. And in my experience a lot of users never upgrade their apps, so you may see people using the old version regardless.

@Eric D - does your comment apply to WP8.1 in general or specifically to the platform (e.g. once you've published a WinRT 8.1 app you can't 'downgrade' to Silverlight 8.1)?

Visit http://blog.grogansoft.com/ for Windows development fun.

Tuesday, April 28, 2015 12:28 AM
  • There was another error I was getting when I had both the APPX and XAP included in the update.  I wish I would have written it down. Basically it wouldn't let me submit it with the XAP included. What was weird is there was a warning as well saying the XAP version would override the APPX version because I incremented the version.  I assumed I just hit some limitation/bug in the store submission process
    Tuesday, April 28, 2015 1:15 AM
  • I think I was able to resolve my issues with my APPX version of the app so at this point I think my issues are resolved.  Thanks.
    Wednesday, April 29, 2015 12:40 AM