Silverlight 5.0 for windows phone RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I am developing for windows phone. I don;t know which version I am using for silverlight.. How will I get to know.  But my guess is ,, it is silverlight 4.0. I
    want to use the new features of silverlight 5.0 .. How can I install Silverlight 5 for windows phone 7... How can I do this?????????????????????
    Plz help me out??
    Friday, May 11, 2012 4:08 AM

Answers

• I don;t know which version I am using for silverlight.. How will I get to know.

By reading the documentation ;-)
    You are using Silverlight for Windows Phone OS 7.1 (which is based on Silverlight 4.

How can I install Silverlight 5 for windows phone 7... How can I do this?????????????????????
    You can't.

Friday, May 11, 2012 4:11 AM
  • I don;t know which version I am using for silverlight.. How will I get to know.

You are using Silverlight for Windows Phone OS 7.1 (which is based on a large subset of Silverlight 4.
    (Bold section of the quote was my edit)

Silverlight 5 features may (an in my opinion, will likely) appear with the next Windows Phone update as well as the update of the SDK.  Just as with Silverlight 4, not every feature/class of Silverlight 5 will be available in the Phone version.  If you are looking to use a feature in Silverlight 4 or 5 on the phone, check the online MSDN documentation on Silverlight.  Those pages include icons showing what platforms the feature is available on.  

Do not expect early word on features coming in these forums from Microsoft either.  When new features/releases are available, they will publish them on their news pages, which will likely include the front page of the App-Hub.
    Friday, May 11, 2012 6:59 AM

All replies

You are using Silverlight for Windows Phone OS 7.1 (which is based on Silverlight 4.

How can I install Silverlight 5 for windows phone 7... How can I do this?????????????????????
    You can't.

Friday, May 11, 2012 4:11 AM

You are using Silverlight for Windows Phone OS 7.1 (which is based on a large subset of Silverlight 4.
    (Bold section of the quote was my edit)

Silverlight 5 features may (an in my opinion, will likely) appear with the next Windows Phone update as well as the update of the SDK.  Just as with Silverlight 4, not every feature/class of Silverlight 5 will be available in the Phone version.  If you are looking to use a feature in Silverlight 4 or 5 on the phone, check the online MSDN documentation on Silverlight.  Those pages include icons showing what platforms the feature is available on.  

Do not expect early word on features coming in these forums from Microsoft either.  When new features/releases are available, they will publish them on their news pages, which will likely include the front page of the App-Hub.
    Friday, May 11, 2012 6:59 AM