[UWP]C# Using same API key in multiple apps RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have created a Windows 10 app using Windows App Studio that uses a YouTube data source. I have setup the API key and everything works fine. My question is can I use this API key with a different search string in other applications or am I supposed to create a unique API key for each app? Is this the same for twitter/Facebook etc.?

Thanks

Paul.

Paul Wainwright

Thursday, May 18, 2017 7:44 AM

Answers

• Hi Paul,

>My question is can I use this API key with a different search string in other applications or am I supposed to create a unique API key for each app?

Yes, you can use the same API key with different searching string in different app. But I still recommend you to create a unique API key separately for your each app. It's not difficult and complicate to do that just in case that all of your apps cannot work well when your one API key gets invalid or has some other problems.

This also applies to Twitter and Facebook etc.

Best regards,

Mattew Wu

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Friday, May 19, 2017 2:17 AM