none
"API .dll in shopping list.dll is not supported for this application type. Shopping List!.exe calls this API." RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,
    I try to send a new version of my application to store and get the following error:
    "API .dll in shopping list.dll is not supported for this application type. Shopping List!.exe calls this API."

Unfortunately, having the message "API .dll in shopping list.dll ..." I can't understand wich .dll is not supported...
    I run my application in Release mode with .NET Native option and everything works fine...
    Can you explain me what wrong with my application?

Wich library in my application is not supported?

Thanks

Friday, June 14, 2019 4:24 PM

All replies

• Hi,

From the error message, the only thing we got is that some APIs not supported in UWP is used in your app. But it's hard to locate this with just such a error message.

May I have some questions? What changes you've made to your app compared to the last version? Do you changed the target version and the min version? Also, before you upload your package to the store, have you passed the local WACK test? What's the result for local WACK test?

Best regards,

Roy

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Monday, June 17, 2019 1:56 AM
  • Hi,

"What changes you've made to your app compared to the last version?"

- There were so many changes compared to the last version...

"Do you changed the target version and the min version?"- Yes I do. The target and min versions where changed from Windows 10 version 10586.0 to Windows 10 Fall Creators Update version 16299.0

"Also, before you upload your package to the store, have you passed the local WACK test?"

- Yes. I got same result: API .dll in shopping list.dll is not supported for this application type. Shopping List!.exe calls this API.

Monday, June 17, 2019 10:18 AM
  • Hi,

I'd involved another engineer to take a look at this issue. Appreciate your patience in advance.

Best regards,

Roy

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, June 18, 2019 3:06 AM
  • Hi DenisChaykin,

>API .dll in shopping list.dll is not supported for this application type. Shopping List!.exe calls this API.

Based on this error information, it seems that you have used some unsupported API. Since this error is very general and it is hard to troubleshooting.

Could you please help to do the following steps to check if we can narrow down this issues?

1. First please backup your project.

2. Could you please set your min version to 10586 to see if it works? If you have used some APIs that only works in 16299, please ignore this step.

3. Please delete some code/pages which you have added after you target the 16299 version step by step to check which part of the code cause this issue. 

If you have found code snippet that caused this issue, please share here to help find a solution. :) 

For the step 3, maybe this is a huge work, if it is very urgent, please use your developer account to open a support ticket and you will get 1:1 support on that. Besides, please kindly note that your support ticket will be free if it is Microsoft's issue。

Thanks for your understanding.

Thanks,
    Amy Peng

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Thursday, June 20, 2019 7:37 AM
    Owner