The following forum(s) have migrated to Microsoft Q&A (Preview): Developing Universal Windows apps!
Visit Microsoft Q&A (Preview) to post new questions.

Learn More

Unable to upload appxbundle files of different architecture to Windows Store RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have developed a Windows Store application which runs on three different architecture.

I have created 3 different bundle files

abd_1.5.0.0_ARM.appxbundle

abd_1.5.0.0_x86.appxbundle

abd_1.5.0.0_x64.appxbundle.

When I tried uploading all of them to  the store, I got the below error.

One or more packages are redundant and should be removed. You can remove redundant packages individually or remove them all. Remove all redundant packages
    abd_1.5.0.0_x86.appxbundle .appxbundle  
    Warning: This package is superseded by one or more higher-ranked packages. Please consider removing this package.

abd_1.5.0.0_ARM.appxbundle  

Warning: This package is superseded by one or more higher-ranked packages. Please consider removing this package.

I am not sure why I am running into this error Please help me resolve this issue. I cannot package them into one appxbundle file because my app used SQLite dll which are different for all three architectures.

Thanks

Tuesday, November 17, 2015 6:25 AM

All replies

• Hello VDNS,

Typically a bundle would include all architectures. Inside the bundle you would have the individual appx packages specific to each architecture.

I'm moving this thread to the developing forum where they can assist you further with building the packages.

-Eric

Windows and Windows Phone Dev Center Support

Send us your feedback about the Windows Platform

Wednesday, November 18, 2015 3:41 PM
  • Hi VDNS,

>>One or more packages are redundant and should be removed. You can remove redundant packages individually or remove them all.

You don't need to upload all these files, there should a package which has covered all architectures, for example: abd_1.5.0.0_x86_x64_arm.appxbundle

If it is Windows 10 package, should like this: abd_1.5.0.0_x86_x64_arm_bundle.appxupload

>>I cannot package them into one appxbundle file because my app used SQLite dll which are different for all three architectures

Yes, this exception has been explained in this document: https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/apps/mt148542.aspx

Removing redundant packages

If we detect that one or more of your packages is redundant, we'll display a warning suggesting that you remove the redundant packages from this submission. Often this happens when you have previously uploaded packages, and now you are providing higher-versioned packages that support the same set of customers. In this case, no customers would ever get the redundant package, because you now have a better (higher-versioned) package to support these customers.

When we detect that you have redundant packages, we'll provide an option to remove all of the redundant packages from this submission automatically. You can also remove packages from the submission individually if you prefer.

If the above details are not the same as you did, please contact with Windows Store support by opening a ticket using your developer account.

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Monday, November 23, 2015 8:55 AM