none
[UWP]MediaPlayerElement Stretch=None, yet video Scales to Windows Setting Display Scale RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I wan to play a video in my UWP app with MediaPlayerElement at the video's native resolution.  I set the Stretch property to None.  However, the video is stretching to whatever the systems Display Scale setting is set to.  If I change the system Display Scale to 100%, then the video displays correctly.  Is there a better way to make sure that the video plays at it's native resolution?  I don't mind having part of the video cropped if the display resolution is less than the video resolution.

Thanks!

Jason

Friday, September 6, 2019 10:25 PM

All replies

• Hi,

No, this behavior is controlled by the system-Display Scale, when it changes, all the apps and text will be scaled. This has nothing to do with the app it self like MediaPlayerElement.Stretch property. 

Best regards,

Roy

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Monday, September 9, 2019 7:40 AM
  • Hello,

How do I get my application controls to scale with system-Display 150% Scale, yet leave the video in MediaPlayerElement at the videos native 100%?

Thanks,

Jason

Thursday, October 10, 2019 4:40 AM
  • Hi,

No, there is no way to do that. How the app scales is controlled by the system.

Best regards,

Roy

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Friday, October 11, 2019 1:27 AM