none
Are there any restrictions of Store Submission API ? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I would like to know if there are any restrictions of Store Submission API ? like

is there any part of store not available through api or cannot change through api ?

Or anything else that I don't know in the question context. 

Q2.When store interface changes, how soon those changes are available in API too ?  Is there a delay ?

Regards

Wednesday, August 21, 2019 5:03 PM

All replies

• Hi Jignesh,

>I would like to know if there are any restrictions of Store Submission API ?

Does your Store Submission API refer to Store analytics API ?

>is there any part of store not available through api or cannot change through api ?

Could you give a specific example of the operation you need or what the API you want?

>Q2.When store interface changes, how soon those changes are available in API too ?

Could you give an example of which interface has changed and which APIs are involved.

Best regards

Daisy  Tian

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Thursday, August 22, 2019 7:16 AM
  • Hi Daisy,

> Does your Store Submission API refer to Store analytics API ?

No, I am just referring to Store Submission API.  that includes prices and availability, properties, age rating , packages, and related items like manage app names.

Could you give a specific example of the operation you need or what the API you want?

I don't have direct answer as of now, but if there is "any part of store not available through api" then i would like to know now, before i invest time in it.  one limitation that i came to know is that if you change/update store submission via Web Interface, then you cannot change/update same submission via API.  This could be a major limitation if you are thinking to design something around Store Submission API.

Could you give an example of which interface has changed and which APIs are involved.

I have no idea, and hence I am asking.  I know that web interface does change over time.  When MSFT changes interface (Adding new features or removing old) and release it for public use, at the same time even API update is also release or there is a difference. ?

Thursday, August 22, 2019 11:23 AM
  • Hi Daisy,

Sounds to me like Jignesh wants to know if the API is a full and up-to-date implementation of the Store App Ingestion web-interface.  

Does the App Ingestion _API_ do all the things one can do in the web-interface?

Does the App Ingestion _API_ get updated and changed before the web-interface (maybe the web interface uses the App Ingestion _API_ in which case the answer would be "yes".)

Thank you, Richard F.

Thursday, August 22, 2019 5:50 PM