none
CurrentApp.GetAppReceiptAsync returns 0xC101A006 RRS feed

• Question

• On Windows 8.1, the CurrentApp.GetAppReceiptAsync method returns the receipt even if the app is deployed from Visual Studio, is associated with the store and developer owns an app.

On Windows Phone 8.1, the app is associated with the Store, app is deployed from Visual Studio, developer owns an app, but Windows Phone 7.1 version (because I'm developing its 8.1 version). The CurrentApp.GetAppReceiptAsync method throws an exception with 0x101A006 status code. Does this causes the fact I own 7.1 version, not the 8.1 version?

When user updates the app from 7.1 version to 8.1 version, he will own 8.1 version and CurrentApp.GetAppReceiptAsync returns the receipt, right?

Windows Phone Store app is linked to Windows Store app equivalent, so it is one universal app.

This question is similar to CurrentApp.GetAppReceiptAsync() => HRESULT: 0xC03F300A which answer mentions:

Until the app has been listed in the Windows Store, the CurrentApp object won't work in the app.

Monday, November 10, 2014 1:19 PM

Answers

• Hi,

There is no document about the 0x101A006 status code, but there is one thing I am sure is we can only use CurrentApp with 8.1 version to make it work.

And yes, when user updates the app from 7.1 version to 8.1 version, the function will work.

<THE CONTENT IS PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED>
    Thanks
    Alan Yao
    MSDN Community Support

Please remember to "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue. It is a common way to recognize those who have helped you, and makes it easier for other visitors to find the resolution later.

Tuesday, November 11, 2014 7:55 AM