Is Windows Phone 8 SDK now "built-in" to Visual Studio 2013 Professional and Premium? RRS feed

• General discussion

• I have installed Windows 8.1 preview and Visual Studio 2013 Professional preview, and find that the Windows Phone 8 SDK seems to be already in the product.

This is great for me, but I was expecting to have to install the Windows Phone 8 SDK as a separate add-in for Visual Studio.  That's what the Windows Phone 8 SDK web site indicates at:

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=35471

So I really have a bundling question: Is the Windows Phone 8 SDK now "built-in" to Visual Studio 2013 Professional and Premium?  In the future, will the SDK be there in the full product, or do Visual Studio developers typically need to install the Phone SDK even if they have Pro or Premium?

Michael Halvorson

Sunday, July 21, 2013 12:41 AM

All replies

• Yes, Windows Phone SDK 8.0 comes now with Ultimate 2013 and you do not need to separately install WPSDK 8.0 separetly. However you can not develop App targeting 7.1 phone through these tools (Since you can make only project targeting 8.0 release).

shashwat gupta

Sunday, July 21, 2013 2:46 PM
  • Sorry, but... is it actually possible to install only the SDK 8.0 in VS2013 Premium??

Best Regards,
    Carlos Sardo

Tuesday, August 12, 2014 9:30 PM