none
[UWP]YouTube url in web view control is behaving abnormal in UI (CSS not support). RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

In my UWP app, sometimes I need to run any youtube url which I need to play using webview control into my UWP app. Before It was working fine but now a days its showing a large sign in icon on screen with focus and some other large icons are also displaying. For getting some idea I attached a screenshot, PFA

sandeep chauhan

Thursday, August 29, 2019 12:53 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Well I made a simple test about the behavior you said. But the icon shows correctly here. May I know which button that shows the behavior in the website? Also here are some questions. What's the OS version of your device and what's the target version of your app? Does this happens every time when you use your app? Does this happens on other devices that installed your app?

Best regards,

Roy

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Friday, August 30, 2019 2:06 AM
  • Hi Roy

Thanks for reply.

When I run any youtube URL into my UWP app using WebView control, Sign In icon is visible large like in above screenshot.

And below to the youtube video there are some comments, In comments there are some icons like > < ,(downwards arrow and upwards arrow) and right sign etc... some such type of icons are also displaying large as showing in screenshot.

around 1 month ago it was working fine in same device but now its showing this problem, while I didn't make any changes in my source code.

My Assumptions - Might be this is youtube issue or any update in webview control issue (I didn't update webview).

Device configuration - 

OS - Windows 10 Enterprise 2016 LTSB

Version - 1607

OS Build - 14393.3144 

App Target version - Windows 10, version 1803 (10.0; Build 17134)
    App Min version - Windows 10 Anniversary update, 10.0; Build 14393) [min target can not upgrade as per client requirement]

Now Its happening every time for these devices (Windows 10 Enterprise 2016 LTSB) [These are client's device]

Its working fine into our windows 10 system- (My system configurations)

Edition - Windows 10 pro for workstations (using latest OS)

sandeep chauhan

Friday, August 30, 2019 10:29 AM
  • Hi,

What about a new blank UWP app with a webview? Does it looks the same? Does this happens on other devices that installed your app?

Best regards,

Roy

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Monday, September 2, 2019 8:14 AM
  • Hi Roy

I checked with new blank UWP app using webview, Its behaving same now. while before was working fine.

On other device, using this OS version(Anniversary update) behaving same. we have some other system on which we are using latest windows 10 OS its working fine. 

But before it was working fine with old OS version too.

Thanks

Sandeep Chauhan

sandeep chauhan

Monday, September 2, 2019 11:27 AM
  • Hi,

I still could not reproduce your issue in my side. No matter I sign in or sign out youtube, the web shows correctly and no icon becomes especially large.  Since this works well in latest windows 10 OS, I'd suggest you to upgrade your OS to the latest version.

Best regard,

Roy

MSDN Community Support

Tuesday, September 3, 2019 5:35 AM
  • Hi Roy

You need to test it on Anniversary update OS device only.

Since this works well in latest windows 10 OS, I'd suggest you to upgrade your OS to the latest version.

Yes this is working fine on latest OS but our Client's devices are only anniversary update OS. So need to give the support on anniversary OS.

sandeep chauhan

Thursday, September 5, 2019 9:53 AM
  • Hi,

I'll try to find a device to reproduce this. But currently, since I could not reproduce the behavior, I could not report this issue. For such situation, I'd suggest you to report this in the FeedBack Hub, it's also a channel that Microsoft collects feedback. You could find it in the Start Menu.

Best regards,

Roy

MSDN Community Support

Friday, September 6, 2019 1:58 AM
  • Hi Roy

Any update on same ?

sandeep chauhan

Tuesday, October 1, 2019 2:16 PM