none
[UWP]storage for apps vedio files

Question

• Dear all,

i am creating a uwp application which will run vedios.  the vedios are in my computer.

i wan to know wheter microsoft store will provide space for the vedios of my application?it is paid or free? how much space they are giving?

or i need a cloud storage space so that  i store my vedois in the cloud and access from my app?

i have almost 55 gb vedios.

kindly guide me.

Friday, November 2, 2018 11:12 AM

Answers

• Hi,

First, there are limitations for a package if you want to upload your app to the store. The maximum size is 25GB for a .appxbundle targeting windows 10. But I do not recommend that to include many video file in the app package. As you mentioned, store your video resource in a server and then request them when you need is a better way.

Best regards,

Roy

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Monday, November 5, 2018 2:53 AM

All replies

• Hi,

First, there are limitations for a package if you want to upload your app to the store. The maximum size is 25GB for a .appxbundle targeting windows 10. But I do not recommend that to include many video file in the app package. As you mentioned, store your video resource in a server and then request them when you need is a better way.

Best regards,

Roy

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Monday, November 5, 2018 2:53 AM
  • i found a way. i will store the videos in archive.org and will access them from archive.org. videos are open for public, thats why i can put them on archive.org.

Thanks

Wednesday, November 7, 2018 3:00 PM