none
Opening a Company Developper Account

Question

• I am unable to validate my Developper account:

"We couldn’t verify your account because the domain of your email address doesn’t belong to your company. Please review your contact info and update your email address if necessary. Make sure you’re using your company email address and not a personal one."

I do not understand, I added the domain to my domain list and I use a generic email address (not used for any users in my microsoft accounts). How do you check it ? What more can I do ?

Tuesday, March 12, 2019 11:25 AM

All replies

• Hi Vivien Podowell,

>We couldn’t verify your account because the domain of your email address doesn’t belong to your company. Please review your contact info and update your email address if necessary

Did you create your Microsoft account using an email address that belongs to your company's domain(Not to a single individual)?Could you following the guidelines in the Company account guidelines to check if your are meet the requirement? After that,could you refer to the steps in the Register your company account to try again?

Best regards

Daisy  Tian

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, March 13, 2019 5:54 AM
  • Hello Daisy,

That is what I did:

Our current dev account is using a group address, not an individual address, from a domain owned by our company.

I also added this domain to our microsoft account (so it can be verified) and nothing changed... What are the verification steps ?

It says:

because the domain of your email address doesn’t belong to your company

Do you check the company associated with the DNS records and make it match with the company name ?

Wednesday, March 13, 2019 7:58 AM
  • Hi Vivien Podowell,

The forum is a public place which is not conducive to the protection of privacy. Could you make a support ticket which include information as detailed as possible to ask the team for help directly?Please click 'contact us' , select 'Dashboard issue' as support topic and 'Account setup & manager' as issue type to 'submit an incident.'

Best regards

Daisy  Tian

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Friday, March 15, 2019 6:26 AM