none
Error: Failed to merge PRI file - when updating Store application

Question

• Good day everyone,

I am having issues updating Windows Store app with new version. I have created a  new submission and when I upload my bundle (.appxbundle or .appxupload) I get following error:

Package acceptance validation error: We encountered a fatal error while parsing the package <PROJECT_NAME>_3.0.11.0_x86_x64.appxbundle: Failed to merge PRI file D:\data\Temp\PacService\d3e261f7-35c4-4e6a-9e82-6a0f5f2c4c7c\Resources_split.language-de.pri: 80073B2F. Try again or upload a new package.

I do not have direct access to app via developer account.I tried creating package via Visual Studio 2019 Enterprise (Store -> Create App Packages -> Sideloading) and also using MSBuild.exe using publish command:

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\2019\Enterprise\MSBuild\Current\Bin\MSBuild.exe" "../<SOLUTION_NAME>.sln" /t:Publish /p:Configuration=Release;AppxBundle=Always;AppxBundlePlatforms="x86|x64" /p:BuildAppxUploadPackageForUap=true /p:UapAppxPackageBuildMode=StoreUpload /p:AppxPackageIsForStore=true

I also tried building on 2 different machines. The resulting error is always the same.

The application passes all WACK tests locally.

One thing that could be interesting is that we dropped support for ARM processor architecture between 2 versions and I saw people reporting similar error, which was misteriously resolved when disabling ARM support. I am not sure if this has any correlation, but at the moment any kind of lead would be helpful.

Monday, May 13, 2019 11:32 AM

All replies

• Hi IamIvke,

Have you tried re-generate the app with Visual Studio again(Store -> Create App Package ->I want to create packages to upload to the Microsoft Store....)? I couldn't reproduce your issue,could you tell me the min/max-version and more info for your app? 

Best regards

Daisy  Tian

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, May 14, 2019 7:17 AM
  • Thanks for reply Daisy,

I cannot create package for store explicitly since I do not have developer account with access to app. We are developing the app for 3rd party, so I did not manage to associate app with store app.

As for the app versions both target and minimal version are set to 10.0; Build version 16299.

Potentially interesting things could be that we dropped ARM support between currently uploaded version and the version I am trying to upload, also we added french language support (I think this might be interesting since the error is reporting issue with resources_split.language-de.pri file).

Besides those two things I do not have much ideas what changed drastically between versions.

Wednesday, May 15, 2019 7:35 AM
  • Hi Iamlvke,

We can't reproduce your issue, could you make a support ticket to ask the team which could track your app submission process? Please click 'Contact us', select 'Dashboard issue' as support topic and proper issue type to 'submit an incident'.

Best regards

Daisy  Tian

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Friday, May 17, 2019 8:58 AM