[UWP][XBOX]My UWP app XYFocus have stop working on XBOX One after XBOX OS updation. RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

Previously XYFocus(XYFocusUP, XYFocusDown, XYFocusLeft, XYFocusRight) was working fine. But 2 days before my xbox OS got updated to new version 10.0.15063.2022(rs2_release_xbox_1704.170501-1052). Now I found that XYFocus is not working as I have implemented in my app. 

My app is already live on store.

• Edited by Monumental Wednesday, May 24, 2017 10:26 AM
    • Edited by Xavier Xie-MSFT Thursday, May 25, 2017 2:48 AM add title tag
    Tuesday, May 23, 2017 1:55 PM

All replies

• Hi Monumental,

I’ve tested XYFocus on 15063 Xbox, it worked well. So, please post your code sample here, I would use your code sample to test in my side and help you diagnose this issue. 

Best Regards,

Xavier Eoro

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Thursday, May 25, 2017 3:14 AM
  • It's a public forum, so can't post my app code here.

I have a page which have 5 listView.

I have setup the XYFocus from one listView to other.

So, if focus is on one listview anyitem, so it's XYFocusUP or XYFocusDown should be next listbox first item.

• Edited by Monumental Thursday, May 25, 2017 5:32 AM
    Thursday, May 25, 2017 5:26 AM
  • It's a public forum, so can't post my app code here.

I have a page which have 5 listView.

I have setup the XYFocus from one listView to other.

So, if focus is on one listview anyitem, so it's XYFocusUP or XYFocusDown should be next listbox first item.

@Monumental

Sorry, I have not explained clearly. What I meant was to troubleshoot this issue, we really need the source code to reproduce the problem, so that we can investigate the issue in house. It is not necessary that you send out the complete source of your project. We just need a simplest sample to reproduce the problem. You could remove any confidential information or business logic from it.

Thanks for your understanding.

Best Regards,

Xavier

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Thursday, May 25, 2017 5:34 AM
  • On XBOX - I have design like this. All are ListView. Now when I want to set XYFocusRight & XYFocusLeft for all the listview to null, so it should only move the focus between items of same listview, it should not jump to the item of other listview any item after reaching last item of current list view.

ListView1.XYFocusLeft = ListView1;

ListView1.XYFocusRight = ListView1;

And XYFocusUp should be just previous listviews first item and XYFocusDown should be just next listview first item.
    Previsly for doing this I implemented like this:

ListView1.XYFocusUP = ListView0;

ListView1.XYFocusDown = ListView2;

Previously this implementation worked perfectly, we tested properly and make our app live on store 3 month before. But now on this new XBOX OS version we found that this implementation is not working.

Issue is- When we are on the last element of any listview and clicking GamePadRightD/GamePadRight button, focus jumped to other listview item which it find in the right of it's current position

2nd issue is - if focus is at 4 item of 2 listview and 3rd listview have just 1 item, in this case when I am clicking down button focus jumped to 3rd listview any item instead of 2nd listview 1st item.
    • Edited by Monumental Thursday, May 25, 2017 3:26 PM
    Thursday, May 25, 2017 3:09 PM
  • Any Update???????????????????/
    Monday, May 29, 2017 1:47 PM
  • Any Update???????????????????
    Thursday, June 1, 2017 7:21 AM
  • Hi Monumental,

Sorry for my late reply. I took a few days off.

This is a logged issue in our system and the related team is investigating this issue.

When I get any useful information, I will update here in time. Thanks for your understanding.

Best Regards,

Xavier Eoro

MSDN Community Support

Thursday, June 1, 2017 7:34 AM
  • Ok, Thanks. I will wait for your response.

I am also doing R&D to solve this. If I will get any solution, I will post that here.

Friday, June 2, 2017 12:00 PM
  • Is any update? Issue is still exist and it's giving very bad impression to end-user.
    • Edited by Monumental Thursday, June 8, 2017 7:38 AM
    Thursday, June 8, 2017 7:38 AM
  • Any Update?
    Monday, June 12, 2017 4:50 PM
  • Are the ListViews contained within another ListView or other scrollable container? You may need to trap the KeyDown event for each ListView and suppress the focus from going to any other UIElement when the left and right dpad keys are pressed. You might try reading this article as a guideline. Although the article deals with navigation inside a ListViewItem the concept and techniques are similar to what you are attempting.

In general I have found nothing wrong with the way the XYFocus attributes are working with the latest Xbox update. My app uses these attributes, although differently than what you are doing,  and they work well for my app.

Monday, June 12, 2017 9:42 PM
  • Ok. I will once more debug at my end.

Main issue is, that code was working fine on previous XBOX One OS. This problem only reproducible in my code with latest OS.

Thanks.

Tuesday, June 13, 2017 3:05 PM