Localizing Windows Phone 8 'Application Title' and 'Tile Title' strings RRS feed

• Question

• I have a simple Windows Phone 8 (WP8) app which I have localized by modifying AppResources.resx to create a version for Spanish.

Problem is the 'Application Title' and the 'Tile Title' on the WMAppManifest.xml are still in the default language (English). I do not seem to be able to localize Application Title and Tile Title either through WMAppManifest.xml or AppResources.resx.

I have found and attempted to follow the instructions: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-US/library/windowsphone/develop/ff967550(v=vs.105).aspx

What I see are:

1. the WP8 applications lists as a file path '@C:\<path-to-file-I-cant-see>'.
    2. The WP8 Application Title now shows as '@AppResLib.dll,-100'.
    3. The WP8 Tile Title now shows as '@AppResLib.dll,-200'.

Clearly the values in WMAppManifest.xml for 'Application Title' and 'Tile Title' are not being interpreted. Can I get them interpreted to the correct Localized values?

Is there another way or new guidance for WP8 (I have provided feedback to MS BTW)?

FYI, I have also reviewed the articles listed here: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-US/library/windowsphone/develop/ff637522(v=vs.105).aspx

Any help very much appreciated!

• Edited by Richard Freytag Thursday, October 31, 2013 3:15 PM last edit marred question.
    Thursday, October 31, 2013 2:26 PM

All replies

• 1. the WP8 applications lists as a file path <a href="mailto:'@C:\'">'@C:\<path-to-file-I-cant-see>'.

This indicates that the appropriate *.mui file was not found in your application XAP.

You must include the appropriate AppResLib.dll.<LCID>.mui file in the root of your project and set the build type to 'Content'.

-Eric.

Thursday, October 31, 2013 5:20 PM
  • Put the *.mui in the project root, eh...?  That might be it.  I'll check this off as an answer if it works.

Thank you!

Thursday, October 31, 2013 7:31 PM