none
[UWP]Resize Image in UWP RichEditBox Control RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

I am developing Editor application using UWP RichEditBox Control. User opens .rtf file and edit it and save.

I am able to resize inserted image in using "Rich Text Format" application. Same thing I am trying do in my application. Please let me know whether it is possible to resize the image using RichEditBox control.

Thanks,

Pallam Madhukar Windows Phone Developer

• Edited by Breeze Liu Thursday, May 25, 2017 10:41 AM add uwp
    Wednesday, May 24, 2017 3:19 PM

All replies

• Hi Pallam Madhukar,

Welcome to the Developing Universal Windows apps forum! Please utilize tagging when posting to this forum, thanks!

If you want to resize image and then insert it to the RichEditBox, it can be implemented by changing the BitmapImage pixel and Insert Image to the RichEditBox.

But if you want to resize the image in the .rtf file, you should find the image at first then resize it, here is a thread about extracting embedded Image Object in RTF, it is not uwp, but i think it should have similar theory, You can have a try with it. So, if you get the image from the file, then you can resize it. 

Best regards,

Breeze

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

• Proposed as answer by Breeze Liu Tuesday, June 6, 2017 3:03 AM
    Thursday, May 25, 2017 10:39 AM