ControlChannelTrigger.WaitForPushEnabled always return SystemError on Win8.1+Atom CPU+32bit OS+X64-based processor RRS feed

• Question

• My Modern app using Control Channel Trigger for real-time notification, and it works on servel platforms, win 8, and win 8.1, Intel Core CPU and other different platform.

But when I move to an notebook with configuration (Win8.1+Atom CPU+32bit OS+X64-based processor+ Broadcom 802.11abgn wireless SDIO Adapter), the API ControlChannelTrigger.WaitForPushEnabled  always return SystemError ; but I do not know why system error occured ,  is it an OS bug or network driver bug that won't support Control Channel Trigger ?

If anyone knows, please do help me  ~ Thanks so much ~~

programmer

Wednesday, November 6, 2013 11:18 AM

Answers

• Please do not post multiple threads for the same problem.

I am going to suggest you open a support case to investigate into this further.   

You may already have support cases associated with your developer account so you can use your developer account to open a support case.   

1.)    Visit the URL: http://aka.ms/storesupportwith your developer account.  

2.)    Towards the bottom of the page, there is a link that says “…contact us immediately.”  

3.)    Click that link and then it will ask you to choose the support type. To reach the correct support team choose the following:  

a. Problem Type: “Technical support for Windows Store and Windows Phone app development” 
    b. Category: “appropriate category" 
    c. Once you do that, there should be an option that lets you “Request a call”/ “Start Email” 

--Rob

Tuesday, November 19, 2013 8:18 PM

All replies

• You'll need to provide more information about what the app is doing and how it is calling the ControlChannelTrigger. For example, has the app called UsingTransport successfully?

Do the ControlChannelTrigger samples work on that system?

--Rob

Thursday, November 7, 2013 2:53 AM
  • Hello Rob,

My App call UsingTransport and return without exception, and the return value is void, so I treat it as successfully.after connect remote server successfully, I call WaitForPushEnabled, returned SystemError;(the code is just a copy of the control channel trigger sample.)

As for the control channel trigger sample, calling the function UsingTransport, exception happend, the info is : "An attempt was made to access a socket in a way forbidden by its access permissions(Exception from HRESULT:0x8007271D)", so the app enter exception handler before call WaitForPushEnabled.

Please help to check , thanks so much .

programmer

Thursday, November 7, 2013 3:33 AM
  • Friday, November 8, 2013 3:16 AM
  • Please don't double post.

Make sure that you have set the appropriate networking capabilities in your app manifest.

--Rob

Friday, November 8, 2013 4:31 AM
  • Please don't double post.

Make sure that you have set the appropriate networking capabilities in your app manifest.

--Rob

Hello,

Sorry for the duplicated issue.

I am sure that I have set all the appropriate networking capabilities in my app manifest, shown as below:

<Capabilities>
        <Capability Name="privateNetworkClientServer" />
        <Capability Name="internetClientServer" />
        <Capability Name="internetClient" />
      </Capabilities>

And I have tried My app on several platforms, and the app work well. but only one mode failed with the configuraton as I shown above when I call the API.

the network card is : Broadcom 802.11abgn Wireless SDIO Adapter.

So I want to make sure if it is hardware device issue or os issue which won't support Control Channel Trigger.

Please help.

New info :

Hello, I just do more test. My Metro app use the virtual AP build on the machine using Windows Hosted Network; If I use the physical network adapter, the API works; but if I use the virtual AP , it failed.

So I guess it is caused by the virtual AP configuration. so do Microsoft have any spec or guidance on how to build up virtual AP(Hosted Network) on top of network device, so all the connections over the virtual adapter can also have the support for Control channel trigger.

Please help to make sure the above questions, thanks so much !!

• Edited by ideastore Friday, November 8, 2013 6:48 AM highlight.
    Friday, November 8, 2013 4:53 AM
  • can any one help ?
    Monday, November 11, 2013 8:50 AM
  • several days past since i update several info on topic : ControlChannelTrigger.WaitForPushEnabled  always return SystemError on Win8.1+Atom CPU+32bit OS+X64-based processor;

I update several info, so please any one can offer me a help , thank so much.

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/windowsapps/en-US/06327593-7116-47e8-beb0-42a3a28812f1/controlchanneltriggerwaitforpushenabled-always-return-systemerror-on-win81atom-cpu32bit?forum=winappswithcsharp

Wednesday, November 13, 2013 1:00 AM
  • If you need help with system configuration please post on the Windows forum on http://answers.microsoft.com

• Marked as answer by Anne Jing Tuesday, November 19, 2013 2:17 AM
    • Unmarked as answer by strongpan Tuesday, November 19, 2013 9:33 AM
    Wednesday, November 13, 2013 1:15 AM
  • If you need help with system configuration please post on the Windows forum on http://answers.microsoft.com

Hello, in face I don't need system configuration help.

Let me clarify my question & some new phenomenon:

I think , For PC which supports Connected Standby, if the connection is over softAP, the control channel trigger function are not well implemented by Microsoft.

As Microsoft documented, " Only systems with network devices that support connected standby will have a hardware slot. " but when I allocated Hardware slot on system that support CS, the ControlChannelTrigger.WaitForPushEnabled  always return SystemError.

So First Question is : why can not I allocate Hardware slot on machine which support Connected Standby?

Then I have to manually reallocate Software Slot, this time it works. But when I call ConnectAsync, it will always take 21 seconds to return. (If my connection won't go through softAP, it won't take more than 1 seconds). if i remove the selection the capability of internetClientServer, the call to ConnectAsync will soon return. But my app do need the capability to be internet client & server.

So Seconde Question is : why the ConnectAsync take 21 seconds to return if select capability of internetClientServer over softAP on Connected Standby machine ?

Thanks so much for all your suggestions.

programmer

Tuesday, November 19, 2013 10:04 AM
  • Please do not post multiple threads for the same problem.

I am going to suggest you open a support case to investigate into this further.   

You may already have support cases associated with your developer account so you can use your developer account to open a support case.   

1.)    Visit the URL: http://aka.ms/storesupportwith your developer account.  

2.)    Towards the bottom of the page, there is a link that says “…contact us immediately.”  

3.)    Click that link and then it will ask you to choose the support type. To reach the correct support team choose the following:  

a. Problem Type: “Technical support for Windows Store and Windows Phone app development” 
    b. Category: “appropriate category" 
    c. Once you do that, there should be an option that lets you “Request a call”/ “Start Email” 

--Rob

Tuesday, November 19, 2013 8:18 PM
  • Hi @strongpan.
    Did you solve this problem.
    I have a problem like you.
    Did you solved that? Please help me.
    My email: hungth.it@gmail.com
    Thank you so much.
    Friday, January 3, 2014 9:44 AM