none
Binary analyser failed for build created by msbuild command line

Question

• When creating submission build (appxupload), we met a problem: if we create it using VS 2017, it passed Windows App Cert Kit; if we create it using msbuild, it failed Windows App Cert Kit with error of 'clrjit.dll has failed the AppContainerCheck check'. Could someone helps to give us some suggestions?

Our expectation is that build created by msbuild command line can pass MS binary analyser so that we can submit submission build created via our CI to MS Store.

Here are the steps that we followed:

• VS2017
      • right click and select 'Store' - 'Create App Package'
      • select 'X64', 'Release'
      • then click 'create'
    • msbuild command line
      • For command 'build-release.cmd', we use command 'msbuild /t:Rebuild /p:Configuration=Release;Platform=x64;UapAppxPackageBuildMode=StoreUpload;AppxPackageDir=AppPackages'
    • it is mentioned in document 'https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/uwp/packaging/auto-build-package-uwp-apps' that msbuild command can create submission build, but our build created by msbuild command line failed MS binary analyser when we try to test it using  Windows App Cert Kit in our local environment.

• Edited by Guo Jie Monday, January 21, 2019 8:59 AM
    Monday, January 21, 2019 8:47 AM

All replies

• Hi Guo Jie,

>'clrjit.dll has failed the AppContainerCheck check

This seems the 'clrjit.dll'  shouldn't exist in the output directory or inside appx package for the Store submission.Could you make checkbox "Project Properties -> Build -> Compile with .NET Native tool chain" be checked (for Release configuration) or set the UseDotNetNativeToolchain property to true to try again?

Best regards

Daisy  Tian

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, January 22, 2019 8:22 AM
  • Hi Daisy,

Thank you very much for you reply, and we have already set UseDotNetNativeToolchain to be true in our .jsproj file, please refer to the screenshot. About 'checkbox "Project Properties -> Build -> Compile with .NET Native tool chain" be checked', it is for VS2015 and we are using VS2017, and in VS2017, there is no such checkbox in Project Properties window (and if we use VS2017 to create submission build, there is no issue when trying the Windows App Cert Kit, and if we use msbuild command line to create submission build, we met the issue of clrjit.dll)

What we have also tried:

update windows software SDK to latest version 10.1.17763.132, then recreated release build on local environment. The solution is based on https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/previous-versions/windows/hh920280(v=win.10)#binscope: 'If a managed executable fails the test, make sure that you used the latest compiler and linker, such as Microsoft Visual Studio, to build the Windows Store app.'

Upgrade Microsoft.NETCore.UniversalWindowsPlatform to 6.0.0. The solution is based on https://github.com/dotnet/corefx/issues/30594

• Edited by Guo Jie Tuesday, January 22, 2019 10:18 AM
    Tuesday, January 22, 2019 10:17 AM
  • Hi Guo Jie,

>in VS2017, there is no such checkbox in Project Properties window

My Visual Studio is 2017 and I can see the checkbox, as the picture show:

Best regards

Daisy  Tian

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, January 23, 2019 5:43 AM
  • Hi Daisy,

I could not find the check box of 'Compile with .NET Native tool chain' when I go to 'project properties - build', please refer to the screenshot. Could you please help me?

Wednesday, January 23, 2019 9:04 AM
  • Hi Guo Jie,

This is a Class Library project, the Native tool chain seems available for Application. Could you check this checkbox in your application project?

Best regards

Daisy  Tian

MSDN Community Support

Thursday, January 24, 2019 7:44 AM
  • Hi Daisy,

Our application project is a JS project, so if I select the application project, then right-click 'properties', it shows the screenshots as below, and there is no checkbox of 'Native tool chain '.

• Edited by Guo Jie Friday, January 25, 2019 12:15 AM
    Thursday, January 24, 2019 8:41 AM
  • Hi Daisy Tian,

Any updates on it?

Thanks a lot.

• Edited by Guo Jie Monday, January 28, 2019 9:22 AM
    Monday, January 28, 2019 9:21 AM
  • Hi Guo Jie,

Sorry for the delay reply.Could you package a sample with Msbuild to  see if it can pass the local WACK test? Did your ever submit the app which package with msbuild command to the Store? If you did and encountered the issue, you could make a ticket  to ask to team(they could track your app submission) for help directly.

Best regards

Daisy  Tian

MSDN Community Support

Thursday, January 31, 2019 9:15 AM
  • Hi Daisy,

I will provide a sample project for you tomorrow.

Thanks again.

Friday, February 1, 2019 11:16 AM
  • Hi Daisy,

I have created a sample project named 'Demo Js App' with a reference named 'ClassLibrary1', please find the project via https://www.dropbox.com/s/n7xiff41w0emt0e/Demo%20Js%20App.zip?dl=0. Could you pleaes have a loook?

If I right click  'Demo Js App', and select 'Properties', here is the screenshot.

If I right click  'ClassLibrary1', and select 'Properties', here is the screenshot.

Saturday, February 2, 2019 10:25 AM
  • We are developing software for our client, and our client is responsible for submitting build to MS Store. The client is not good at technical stuff, so he do not think that he might be able to describle the problem clearly when creating tickets in MS Store. Then the client ask us to provide some help.

Chinese new year is coming, so we will be off in the next few days, and happ new year!

Saturday, February 2, 2019 10:29 AM
  • Hi Guo Jie,

Sorry for the delay reply. The link you provided seems not correct.Every time I clicked , it says:This site can't be reached.Could you check it and give me a correct link.Thanks for your understanding.

Best regards

Daisy  Tian

MSDN Community Support

Monday, February 11, 2019 6:53 AM
  • Hi Daisy,

Could you please try this?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/n7xiff41w0emt0e/Demo%20Js%20App.zip?dl=0

Thanks,

Monday, February 11, 2019 9:15 AM
  • if you find that the link does not work, could you please send me an email cibe****@126.com, so that I can send you the demo project via email?
    Monday, February 11, 2019 9:33 AM
  • Hi Guo Jie,

The forum is a public place, it's not a good idea to share your email here. With your sample, I can't encounter the same issue with you. My package pass the local WACK test.Could you try to package your app on other machine?Here is my test result.

Best regards

Daisy  Tian

MSDN Community Support

Tuesday, February 12, 2019 7:10 AM
  • Hi Daisy,

My bad. The above sample project is to show that we could not find the checkbox of 'Native tool chain'. I recreated a project with reference of 'AdpativeStreaming' (which is the reference that our real project uses), and it will lead to the problem of 'AppContainerCheck'. 

Could you please download the new sample project https://www.dropbox.com/s/n7xiff41w0emt0e/Demo%20Js%20App.zip?dl=0 and try again? for this sample project, if we use VS2017 to create submisison build, the it can pass Windows App Cert Kit test (please ignore that failed part of mainefest resource because it is a sample project and I did not added related images to this project); but if we use MSBUILD command (msbuild /t:Rebuild /p:Configuration=Release;Platform=x64;UapAppxPackageBuildMode=StoreUpload;AppxPackageDir=AppPackages) to create submission build, it will fail Windows App Cert Kit test for the part of 'Binary Analyzer'.

Tuesday, February 12, 2019 9:58 AM
  • Hi Daisy,

Any updates on this?

Thanks,

Monday, February 25, 2019 7:13 AM