Our Dev Center account has been canceled?! RRS feed

• Question

• We've received an e-mail on Saturday that our Windows Phone Dev Center account has been canceled due to the missing Windows Phone Dev Center subscription, and all our apps have been removed from the Store.

However, we've already purchased the Windows Phone Dev Center subscription on October 11, 2012! How is it possible that our account has been canceled and our apps unpublished when we've paid the subscription in time, and our account has been in good standing?

We had 6 highly rated apps on the Windows Phone marketplace. This situation is really unacceptable!

Monday, November 12, 2012 4:18 PM

Answers

• Hi all,

If you randomly lost Dev Center access, I ask that you submit a support request. We'll get back to you within one business day, and will be able to get your account re-activated.

I'm really sorry for the inconvenience. If I get more helpful or clarifying information I'll update this thread.

Thanks

Dev Center Help: http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/windowsphone/help --- Submit Support Request: http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=256412

• Marked as answer by Danny G. - MS Wednesday, November 14, 2012 2:42 AM
    Wednesday, November 14, 2012 2:42 AM

All replies

• I just got a message from  mktpdev@microsoft.com (Windows Phone Dev Center) that they canceled my account and removed all my apps from the marketplace because my anual subscription expired, but i already renewed my anual subscription on 10.01.12 (2012 okt. 01). I allready talked to the MS support and they sent me here. Who should i contact to fix this error. I hope i didn't lose my money.

I even got the mail from MS that i payed for the Annual Subscription for 2012/10/01-2013/09/30

And got the mail yesterday again that they will cancel my account because is didn't renew my subscription. Last month it took me a week to find a support who could help i hope i don't have to do it again. Something really went wrong on the side of MS. :( Oh and as extra they unpublished all my apps. :(
    • Merged by Danny G. - MS Wednesday, November 14, 2012 3:15 AM
    • Edited by Big_Lac Friday, December 7, 2012 1:40 PM
    Sunday, November 11, 2012 5:10 PM
  • The same situation - renewed my Annual Subscription on 2012/10/25 for one year and on 2012/11/11 I received e-mail from mktpdev@microsoft.com that my account is cancelled.

Who should I contact now to clarify situation???

Br, Anton

Monday, November 12, 2012 9:28 AM
  • First i talked with Live chat support and they sent me here, then i found the Windows Store Support and i sent them an email. The answer was that i should ask the live chat support or ask it here on the Forum, and they sent me a link too where i could mail the Windows Phone Store Support. I hope they will solve this problem, but for now i have to wait for the answer.

Windows Phone Store Support:

https://support.live.com/default.aspx?productkey=oepwp7cf&brand=oepwp7&mkt=en-ww&

Monday, November 12, 2012 11:51 AM
  • No, I used this one - https://dev.windowsphone.com/en-us/support - to submit my ticket...

Received autoreply that it will be handled during one working day...

• Proposed as answer by Big_Lac Friday, November 16, 2012 6:51 AM
    • Unproposed as answer by Hexage Monday, December 10, 2012 10:35 AM
    Monday, November 12, 2012 11:59 AM
  • I got an autoreply too that i will be contacted in one working day....

If they can't help i try your link too. :)

Monday, November 12, 2012 12:08 PM
  • Same problem here! All our 6 apps have been removed from the Store on Saturday.
    We've purchased the Windows Phone Dev Center subscription on October 11, 2012!
    Monday, November 12, 2012 4:10 PM
  • Hi,

It must be a(nother) general issue. My account was also cancelled on Sunday (11.11.2012) despite the fact that I have renewed my subscription on 12.10.2012. I sent many letters to 'support' with the copy of transaction and some screenshots from billing.microsoft.com, but I they don't even answer to my complainment.

I'm very upset and frustrated due to this situation, but based on my last 1 year with Microsoft issues, slowly I get used to it.. 

Monday, November 12, 2012 9:00 PM
  • We got the same email.

We are sure that we re-purchase this subscription month ago! And we checked this information with my bank.

But were scared that our apps will be removed while this issue will be investigated (we already have such experience) and tried to pay again. As result we just got the error message that card details are invalid. Tried several more times - same result. Just was charged $0.95 for every try.

Hey, Microsoft, if it wrong emails why couldn't you send another one with "ignore previous" notification?

Thanks,

Alexey

TIA! Develop with pleasure.

Tuesday, November 13, 2012 6:32 AM
  • Problem fixed - I received tonight e-mail with following:

<blockquote> We apologize for the confusion and inconvenience.  In reviewing your account, it appears that your account was cancelled due to a previously cancelled App Hub subscription.  I do see that you have renewed your subscription with a Dev Center subscription on 10/25/2012.  I have manually activated your account and it is ready for use again.  Please let me know if you have further questions regarding this issue.
    </blockquote>

So my case is closed now.

• Edited by namesan Tuesday, November 13, 2012 7:17 AM
    Tuesday, November 13, 2012 7:15 AM
  • Sounds promissing i hope they will reactivate mine too. I will have to wait a few hours, because i still didn't get any answer from the support, but if they don't answer me soon i report the error on the link which you found.

Thank you for your help.

Tuesday, November 13, 2012 7:19 AM
  • Hi,

I don't think that these emails were just 'wrong emails' while in the 'Account' page my status is cancelled, and I also got some answer from Microsoft:

This is likely due to the split of the Dev Center/App Hub/Windows Store accounts. I will be investigating this with my colleagues and my team escalations lead, and once we are able to provide a resolution, I will immediately notify you.

Good to know, that they are working on to solve it..

Sanyi

Tuesday, November 13, 2012 10:00 PM
  • Hi all,

If you randomly lost Dev Center access, I ask that you submit a support request. We'll get back to you within one business day, and will be able to get your account re-activated.

I'm really sorry for the inconvenience. If I get more helpful or clarifying information I'll update this thread.

Thanks

Dev Center Help: http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/windowsphone/help --- Submit Support Request: http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=256412

• Marked as answer by Danny G. - MS Wednesday, November 14, 2012 2:42 AM
    Wednesday, November 14, 2012 2:42 AM
  • Same problem here :( I'm very disappointed.
    Friday, November 16, 2012 5:16 AM
  • Same problem with my account, My apps just started to disappear from Marketplace.

Wednesday, November 21, 2012 10:05 AM
  • Same problem with my account, My apps just started to disappear from Marketplace.

@Piotr.Bialic

I have resolved your issue and reached out to you via the support ticket you created.  Also, your apps have NOT been removed; please see http://www.windowsphone.com/pl-pl/store/search?q=Clever-Software

Thank you,

Paul
    Windows Phone Dev Center Support

Wednesday, November 21, 2012 8:00 PM
  • Same problem! My Windows Phone dev account has been canceled, I already renewed my account 1 month ago.

I also payed and registered a windows 8 dev account for 3 months, still cannot verify my account due to an system internal bug.

Thursday, November 22, 2012 2:30 AM
  • Same problem! My Windows Phone dev account has been canceled, I already renewed my account 1 month ago.

I also payed and registered a windows 8 dev account for 3 months, still cannot verify my account due to an system internal bug.

@houzt

I have received your support ticket and resolved the issue regarding your Windows Phone Dev Center account; your account is now active.  We apologize for the inconvenience caused by this.

Thank you,

Paul
    Windows Phone Dev Center Support

Thursday, November 22, 2012 6:41 AM
  • The same problem here, account was paid last month and now it's cancelled. Are there any chances to change it's status during weekend? Or do I have to wait till Monday?
    Saturday, November 24, 2012 4:02 PM
  • same problem here, and i have submitted a ticket. please check it quickly. thanks.
    Monday, November 26, 2012 1:52 AM
  • same for me, I renewed my subscription month ago and now is canceled, please help
    Tuesday, November 27, 2012 2:49 PM
  • same here and the funny thing when i checked my dev account i was renewed till oct 2013.
    Wednesday, November 28, 2012 5:03 PM
  • same problem for my account, and i have submitted a ticket. please check it quickly. thanks.

www.MxMxM.com

Friday, November 30, 2012 1:27 PM
  • I got another mail today "Your Dev Center account is about to be canceled", why???!

Don't say this is the
    end...but it looks like the following Windows Phone Dev Center account will be
    canceled in 60 days.

{My Dev Account}

Your account will be canceled soon. Once it does you won't be   able to publish new apps, and any apps you've already published will be   removed from the Store. If you decide not to renew, we'll be sad to see you   go, but you still have 60 days to purchase a new subscription and keep   humming along smoothly. To purchase a new subscription, go to Windows Phone Dev Center. (Note that this   subscription will only let you publish apps to the Windows Phone Store.)
      To continue submitting Xbox LIVE Indie Games, go here.

Thank you,

The Windows Phone Team

Friday, December 7, 2012 1:02 PM
  • In this thread from MS, it states that renewals since August 2012 are valid but got the email in error.

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/wpregister/thread/ee27f8cb-6b04-45b4-82fe-2ff4e67dce1c

Friday, December 7, 2012 1:23 PM
  • Hey! What's is going on???

I have recieved the same message. But tech support has already fixed this problem with my account in the last month. And it's again.

I'm very dissapointed!
    Friday, December 7, 2012 9:13 PM
  • Same here, last month they fixed the problem and got a mail that my account will be canceled again. :(
    Saturday, December 8, 2012 7:49 AM
  • The same situation - renewed my Annual Subscription on 2012/11/8 for one year and on 2012/12/7 I received e-mail from mktpdev@microsoft.com that my account is cancelled.

Who should I contact now to clarify situation???

Monday, December 10, 2012 3:00 AM
  • We've just received another e-mail that our Windows Phone Dev Center account is about to be canceled (again!). However, we've already purchased the Windows Phone Dev Center subscription on October 11, 2012. Moreover, we've been dealing with a similar situation just a month ago (when we've started this thread, support ticket SRX1187849922ID), and with apps removal a couple of days ago (see http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/wpsubmit/thread/355eb1d0-34f8-47b4-95d1-3e99caa8df9c) Very frustrating...
    Monday, December 10, 2012 10:36 AM
  • After reading all these I am shocked because of how MS respects app publishers. :-(
    Wednesday, January 9, 2013 4:07 AM