none
Edge Extension Submission Fail due to Distinct Function & Value RRS feed

• Question

• I am trying to publish edge extension (unlisted for testing only) but it is failing due to the following reason:

1.1.2  Distinct Function & Value; Accurate Representation

The product references another browser. Please remove the instances. Steps to reproduce: 1 - Launch Edge. 2 - Access Google Slides. 3 - Create a new Slide. 4 - Press on Slido in the top   toolbar. 5 - Create New Session. 6 - Notice the reference to other browsers.

The extension's aim is to extend our Google Slides editor add-on. Add-on is able to detect if the extension is installed or if it's possible to install it. Currently we only support Chrome so if we detect that we don't have the extension installed and we are in Chrome browser, Google Slides sidebar displays the message which is suggesting to install Chrome extension.

Reason which is causing submission to fail is not even caused by the extension itself, it's different application (Google Slides add-on) which is referencing other browser.

We would like to display different messages for Chrome and Edge browsers but currently we are not able to differentiate between Chromium Edge and Chrome browser due to Edge's user agent overriding for docs.google.com If you open edge://compat/useragent in your Edge you will see that the docs.google.com.

I emailed to reportap@microsoft.com and was told that I need to publis an extension as hidden and add this information as a test notes but still extension submission failed. Is there any workaround for publishing this extension only for testing?

• Edited by MEP2 Monday, August 10, 2020 3:58 PM Formating
    Monday, August 10, 2020 1:31 PM

All replies

• Hello,

Currently, this forum only support questions about submitting UWP apps to the store. Your issue about Edge Extension is not supported here. 

Best regards,

Roy

"Developing Universal Windows apps" forum will be migrating to a new home on Microsoft Q&A (Preview)!
    We invite you to post new questions in the "Developing Universal Windows apps" forum’s new home on Microsoft Q&A (Preview)!
    For more information, please refer to the sticky post.

Tuesday, August 11, 2020 2:20 AM
  • Thanks Roy,
    So where should I address my question then?
    • Edited by MEP2 Tuesday, August 11, 2020 1:52 PM Formating
    Tuesday, August 11, 2020 1:47 PM
  • HI,

You could ask questions about Microsoft edge extension in StackOverflow with Microsoft-edge tag. The team is actively answering questions about edge extension there.

Best regards,

Roy

"Developing Universal Windows apps" forum will be migrating to a new home on Microsoft Q&A (Preview)!
    We invite you to post new questions in the "Developing Universal Windows apps" forum’s new home on Microsoft Q&A (Preview)!
    For more information, please refer to the sticky post.

Wednesday, August 12, 2020 2:06 AM