none
Clickonce installed Winforms application exe file gets automatically deleted by regsvr32.exe on Windows 7 PC? RRS feed

• Pregunta

• Hi there,

I have encountered an extremely strange scenario on an end-user's Windows 7 PC...

After Installing a Clickonce WinForms app the application starts as normal and a few seconds later it just disappears.

Then trying to run it again, the msref shortcut cannot find the exe file to run it again. Checked the local app 2.0 folder and it is gone!

I have disabled all AV and Windows Firewall and was still happening, install after install.

I then ran Process Monitor (From SysInternals) to see what is deleting it.

Process Monitor then shows clearly that RegSvr32.exe deletes just the exe file in the local app 2.0 folder for the application!?!?

This does not happen on any other PC only this one!

Does anybody have any idea why this could be happening?

I've never come across this before...

Kind Regards,

Riaan

• Cambiado Jiayi Li lunes, 14 de septiembre de 2015 6:21
    viernes, 11 de septiembre de 2015 6:57

Respuestas

• Thanks Omar. It was a rather strange occurrence that was cleared by re-installing the PC - I can only attest to it having some virus or malware software on it.
    • Marcado como respuesta R144N martes, 15 de septiembre de 2015 13:22
    martes, 15 de septiembre de 2015 13:22
  • Your phenomenon may be due to faulty win, you need try update win.
    • Marcado como respuesta R144N martes, 15 de septiembre de 2015 13:24

Todas las respuestas

• Hi Riaan,

Thank you for posting in MSDN forum.

This forum is discuss Visual Studio WPF/SL Designer, Visual Studio Guidance Automation Toolkit, Developer Documentation and Help System, and Visual Studio Editor.

As your issue is related to clickonce, I help you move this case to ClickOnce and Setup & Deployment Projects forum for dedicated support.

Best Regards,

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.

Click HERE to participate the survey.

lunes, 14 de septiembre de 2015 6:19
  • Hi,

RegSvr32.exe is a tool which can register and unregister the dll and activeX controls in windows registry.

Maybe your some dll or activeX controls is not registered corrently?

In generally, this tool will not delete the exe automatically. Or you could download the set.exe again from the location where you publish the application.

martes, 15 de septiembre de 2015 13:18
  • Thank you Jiayi - Couldn't seem to find "Click Once" in the forum category hierarchy.
    martes, 15 de septiembre de 2015 13:21
  • Thanks Omar. It was a rather strange occurrence that was cleared by re-installing the PC - I can only attest to it having some virus or malware software on it.
    • Marcado como respuesta R144N martes, 15 de septiembre de 2015 13:22
  • Your phenomenon may be due to faulty win, you need try update win.
    • Marcado como respuesta R144N martes, 15 de septiembre de 2015 13:24
  • Thanks Bien - That is exactly what we needed to do to fix it :-) Spot On!
    martes, 15 de septiembre de 2015 13:24