none
What is the RGB value of the color blue used to highlight selected items in a WinForms ListView? RRS feed

• Question

• What is the RGB value of the color blue used to highlight selected items in a WinForms ListView?  I have seen a few suggestions online but nothing that is the exact color.

Rob E.

Monday, April 7, 2014 3:33 PM

Answers

• Hi Rob,

I just found this page and you may give it a try:

https://kb.iu.edu/data/aetf.html

Blue*   0   0 255 #0000ff

Also some other color value has been listed there.

Regards,

Barry Wang
    We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

• Marked as answer by REvans611 Tuesday, April 8, 2014 1:49 PM
    Tuesday, April 8, 2014 5:27 AM

All replies

• Hi Rob,

I just found this page and you may give it a try:

https://kb.iu.edu/data/aetf.html

Blue*   0   0 255 #0000ff

Also some other color value has been listed there.

Regards,

Barry Wang
    We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

• Marked as answer by REvans611 Tuesday, April 8, 2014 1:49 PM
    Tuesday, April 8, 2014 5:27 AM
  • Thanks, Barry.  When looking on that page, it looks closer to Cornflower Blue or Dodger Blue, but I'd say one of those is close enough.  You'd think that Microsoft would have published the exact RGB values somewhere, sometime.

Rob E.

Tuesday, April 8, 2014 1:49 PM
  • I understand I am over 4 years late, but I am bored in english and was just looking through the internet. Anyway, you can find out in under a minute by using the snipping tool on something selected and putting it in paint. Then use the eyedropper on the color and click custom color and it will give it to you. I would do it myself if I was on my home computer but the school only has chromebooks. I went on google drive and messed with the highlight color till I couldn't see the difference and got #bad2ff, but that may be off by a few ticks. Also I see you specifically say WinForms ListView, which may have a different color from google drive.
    Tuesday, September 25, 2018 2:19 PM
  • Worked like a charm.  Thanks for posting - four years late :)
    Wednesday, October 31, 2018 8:03 PM