none
Connectivity between Azure Bastion and VM RRS feed

• Question

• Hi
    I receive error when logging on to Bastion.

It opens up fine, but is slow and theese errors.

error 1:
    The network connection to the Bastion Host appears unstable.

error 2:
    Connection Error
    The connection has been closed because the target machine is taking too long to respond. This is usually caused by network problems, such as a spotty wireless signal, or slow network speeds. Please check your network connection and try again or contact your system administrator.

I'm not sure what could be the problem, I did try connect from other networks from my client but still same problem.

Any ideas to a fix?

Tuesday, November 19, 2019 7:15 PM

All replies

• Hi, 

Do you have NSG associate with Bastion subnet?

If yes, can you provide a screenshot of the Inbound and outbound rules that you have created?

Also try disabling your windows firewall if it is a windows VM and try again. 

You can use this commands: 

Set-NetFirewallProfile -Profile Domain,Public,Private -Enabled False.

Regards, 

Msrini

Tuesday, November 19, 2019 7:21 PM
  • No NSG associate.
    Tuesday, November 19, 2019 8:38 PM
  • For Error 2: 

This is the error that you get when Azure Bastion cannot reach your VM on port 3389(or 22 for Linux). typically this error occurs for 1 of 2 reasons:

Reason 1) Traffic is blocked from your Azure Bastion to your VM. This could be from a NSG on your "AzureBastionSubnet", your VM's subnet, or on the NIC of your VM itself. Make sure that traffic is allowed inbound to your VM on the RDP port when coming from inside your VNET, or from the "AzureBastionSubnet".

Reason 2) Your VM is not receiving RDP connections. Try to RDP via another path (Public IP, different VM in the Virtual Network) to make sure that it is possible to RDP to the VM. 

Tuesday, November 19, 2019 10:16 PM
  • Hi, 

Just checking in if you have had a chance to see the previous response. If this answers your query, do click “Mark as Answer” and "Up-Vote" for the same which will help the community.

Regards, 
    Subhash
    Tuesday, November 26, 2019 1:13 PM