none
Window 7....screen disappears

Question

• I have a new computer set-up for a small business running a third party software (IDEXX-Cornerstone). It is a veterinary business management software. The software was upgraded with Window 7 compatiable installed by the company, a new CPU was purchased to the IDEXX specification plus. As I work on the computer the screen I'm working on will disappear for about 15 seconds and reappear or if I go to move the mouse the screen disappears and then returns. It is extremely anoying. I was advised it was a windows 7 glitch. I purchased a new laptop (Dell Inspiron) with all the bells and whistles and it did the same thing. The only thing the two computers had in commom was the blinking screen. After 100's of updates, compatibility runs, reinstalls, software repairs, etc. I seem to have the laptop problem taken care of but the business CPU still has the problem. I don't know which update repaired the laptop. Can anyone tell me what causes the blinking screen and how to make it stop disappearing? Thanks for your help.

tew999

• Moved by Jing0 Thursday, October 14, 2010 3:40 AM (From:Windows Forms General)
    Monday, October 11, 2010 12:56 AM

All replies

• This web site is for help in writing software so the Windows expects are unlikely to patrol here.

Try the Windows Forums on answers.microsoft.com instead.

The following is signature, not part of post
    Please mark the post answered your question as the answer, and mark other helpful posts as helpful, so they will appear differently to other users who are visiting your thread for the same problem.
    Visual C++ MVP
    Monday, October 11, 2010 2:36 AM
  • Hi,

This forum is for discussing questions about windows forms application development. This question is out of the scope here.

Sheng Jiang has provided helpful information. You'd better try the Windows Forums on answers.microsoft.com instead.

If you are not sure which is the correct place to ask this question, you can ask a help at “where is the forum for…” forum. The experts there will give you some advices.

Where is the Forum For…? Forum link: http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en/whatforum/threads

Have a nice day.

Best regards,

Ling Wang

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    Thursday, October 14, 2010 3:40 AM
  • Hello,

Thank you for your post!  I would suggest creating a new thread for your question in the (Windows Client TechCenter > Windows 7 IT Pro Forums > Windows 7 Application Compatibility ) forum located here:  (http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en/w7itproappcompat/threads).

Hope that would be helpful.

Have a great day!

Thanks & regards,

Shivendra Pratap Singh Tier 2 Application Support Server and Tools Online Operations Team
    Thursday, October 14, 2010 8:10 AM