Azure Function App - deploy from pipeline is resulting in no functions shown RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I am working on deploying a single function to a single function app using Azure DevOps CI/CD Pipeline. The function is a timer function running once a day. The azure-pipelines.yml is taken from: docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/azure-functions/functions-how-to-azure-devops. However, when navigating to the UI for function apps, I'm being shown "No results" in the function list, and a message "Your app is currently in read only mode because you have source control integration enabled. To change edit mode visit function app settings.". Please advise.

• Moved by Grace MacJones-MSFT Wednesday, August 14, 2019 10:06 PM question related to azure functions
    Wednesday, August 14, 2019 8:05 PM

All replies

• Hi Ryan,

Does it not only showing in Portal but working correctly ?

You can check this by browsing the function app . You can follow this doc : Test your function in Azure

Also try to open Azure Portal in private incognito window. 

Also could you share the screen shot from the Portal and successful deployment message from Pipeline. 

Friday, August 16, 2019 6:42 AM
  • Hello and thank you for responding,

I tested hitting the function endpoint per the attached link, replacing FUNCTION_NAME with my function's name, and it received a 404 not found response.

I have checked the portal in incognito mode, and had the same response.

The 2 screenshots are linked below as requested (I'm not yet able to post actual images):

imgur.com/a/FyiAY46

imgur.com/julCKNt

Thank you for your help.

Friday, August 16, 2019 5:54 PM
  • Because of the unique nature of this issue, I would like to discuss and work with you over the email. 

Could you please send an email to AzCommunity[at]Microsoft[dot]com referencing this thread.

Thank you for your cooperation on this matter and looking forward for your reply.

Tuesday, August 20, 2019 10:31 AM
  • Sure thing, I've gone ahead and sent that email. Thanks again.
    Tuesday, August 20, 2019 12:20 PM
  • Did you ever figure out your issue?  I'm experiencing the same issue.  It seems to be intermittent.
    Friday, January 3, 2020 9:58 PM
  • I've noticed I had this problem as well when I tried to create a Proxy within App Service. ("Your app is currently in read only mode because you have source control integration enabled. To change edit mode visit function app settings.)

What I did first (which could cause that issue) is: I've deployed an Azure Function with YAML pipeline from Azure DevOps to that App Service. Deleting that Azure Function didn't help. I had to delete the whole App Service and create a new one and then without pushing the Azure Function from the YML I was able to create a new Proxy.

Maybe this will be useful to anybody from MS or to the users.

Tuesday, June 9, 2020 8:04 PM