Favicon RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,  I love the Orchard look, but I would like to use my own logo for the favicon.

It is not clear to me how orchard is setting the favicon.  Can you assist?  Usually I would just change the favicon.ico in the root directory.

Thanks,

Charlie

SevenShadowMan
    Friday, September 3, 2010 8:30 PM

Answers

All replies

• No, you can do it from markup nowadays: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Favicon
    Friday, September 3, 2010 10:43 PM
  • From markup is better anyway.  It ensures all browsers use it properly.  I believe IE has some weird behavior where it will cache the .ico basically forever if it just finds it in the root whereas the tag will make new requests to see if it's been updated properly.  It's the safest way across all browsers.
    Saturday, September 4, 2010 12:30 AM
  • Hi,

Thanks for this.  Just confirming that I have to change this in the Modules/Orchard.Themes/ directory at the moment (i.e. I can't "supercede" the Document.aspx file in my own custom theme automatically.  (I know you are working on themes, so no worries at all.  I am just checking).

SevenShadowMan
    Saturday, September 4, 2010 3:15 AM
  • Yes.
    Tuesday, September 7, 2010 6:18 PM
  • Thanks!
    SevenShadowMan
    Tuesday, September 7, 2010 6:22 PM
  • As much as I appreciate the link telling me the history of the favicon, I still am unable to successfully change it without losing my entire design and style sheet.
    Wednesday, September 10, 2014 1:29 PM