none
Publish Application Files are displayed twice and cause errors when installing from browser RRS feed

• Question

• I am trying to create a clickOnce for a browser hosted WPF application. In the project properties -> Publish -> Application Files, the window shows more or almost all the dlls two times as shown in the screen. But I reference those dlls only once in the application. Why the window shows dlls twice? I tried editing the .prj files manually but no luck. Let me know how to fix this issue. 

Note: The above situation also cause dll file already exists in location error while installing the application from the ClickOnce website. I posted similar question in other forum but was redirected to here.

Thanks,

Arun.K.S

• Edited by Arun.K.S Tuesday, July 9, 2013 9:25 PM added more information
    Wednesday, May 1, 2013 2:18 PM

All replies

• Hi Arun,

Would you like to check the application manifest, which has .manifest extension and locates under your current version of published application folder? The issue may occur if the dll is included as both file and dependency, or there are some dependencies with the same code base.

If you click on the Publish Status of the dll, do they have the same selections in the drop down?

You can try to check whether the dll are included as file in your application. If you cannot check out the problem, I think you may also try to set Publish Status of parts of the dll to Excluded. Or you can try to use mageui.exe to delete the dll in Files tab and then sign the application manifest and deployment manifest.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/axe07zaa.aspx

Best regards,

Chester Hong
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Develop and promote your apps in Windows Store
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Friday, May 3, 2013 5:11 AM
  • Hello Chester,

Sorry for replying you very lately as I was revolving around some other issues.

As per your reply, I checked the manifest file using MageUI and noticed there are many dlls are listed as file and dependency.

I am not sure how to fix this issue. Do I need to remove the <file> section or the <dependency> section or both in the Manifest file or that can be done in the project properties -> publish -> Application files?

When I looked at the xml of the .prj file, I do not see any of the dlls are displayed twice. How then the Project properties -> Publish -> application files shows dlls twice?

Please let me know. Thank you so much.

Arun.K.S

Tuesday, July 9, 2013 9:22 PM