none
Can not find MainMenu Control in the Toolbox RRS feed

• Question

• I am new in VB.  I am using Visual Studio 10.  I am also using Visual Basic .Net for Dummies.  One of the instrution states Press Cntl+Alt+X to open the Toolbox.  I can not find MainMenu Control in the tool box.    Please walk me in the proess of adding a MainMenu control to my form.  What should I be looking for?

Ed.

ecb

Wednesday, August 15, 2012 8:18 PM

Answers

• Hi EdCal,

Please try the following steps:

1. Open the ToolBox (you have done).
    2. Right click in the ToolBox and select "Choose Items..."
    3. In the ".NET Framework Components" tab page, check the MainMenu checkBox and click OK.

The MainMenu will appear in your ToolBox.

Best regards,

Chester Hong
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

• Marked as answer by EdCal Thursday, August 16, 2012 12:06 PM
    Thursday, August 16, 2012 6:30 AM

All replies

• I am new in VB.  I am using Visual Studio 10.  I am also using Visual Basic .Net for Dummies book.    One of the instrution states Press Cntl+Alt+X to open the Toolbox.  I can not find MainMenu Control in the tool box.    Please walk me in the proess of adding a MainMenu control to my form.  What should I be looking for?

ecb

Thursday, August 16, 2012 6:00 AM
  • Hi EdCal,

Please try the following steps:

1. Open the ToolBox (you have done).
    2. Right click in the ToolBox and select "Choose Items..."
    3. In the ".NET Framework Components" tab page, check the MainMenu checkBox and click OK.

The MainMenu will appear in your ToolBox.

Best regards,

Chester Hong
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

• Marked as answer by EdCal Thursday, August 16, 2012 12:06 PM
    Thursday, August 16, 2012 6:30 AM