Can't add reference "Microsoft.Windows.Design.Extensibility" to Project (migrated from VS2010 to VS2019) RRS feed

• Question

• After migration i try to compile the project. But i get an Error.
    Fehler        Unknown build error, 'Cannot resolve dependency to assembly 'Microsoft.Windows.Design.Extensibility, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a' because it has not been preloaded. When using the ReflectionOnly APIs, dependent assemblies must be pre-loaded or loaded on demand through the ReflectionOnlyAssemblyResolve event.'    ...

Then i find out that i have to add a reference to the Project.

But if i filter by "Design.Extensibility" i do not get a option.

Why is there no version listed. I know there is a version Installed.

C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\15.0\.Net\.NetNative\15.0.24211\x86\ilc\lib\Private

C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\2019\Professional\Common7\IDE\PublicAssemblies

C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SDKs\UWPNuGetPackages\microsoft.net.native.compiler\1.7.6\tools\x64\ilc\lib\Private

How to add the reference to the project if not listed?

thanks in advance

Friday, October 23, 2020 9:09 AM

All replies

• Sorry but it is only installed in

C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\2019\Professional\Common7\IDE\PublicAssemblies

thanks in advance

Friday, October 23, 2020 9:37 AM
  • Hi there,

What is your project type?

About the error message, I suggest you try the following steps to add the reference to the project:

#1. Right click on your project

#2. Navigate to “Add” and click on “Reference…

#3. Go to “Assemblies” and enter “Microsoft.Windows.Design.Extensibility” in the search box

#4. Check the “Microsoft.Windows.Design.Extensibility 4.0.0.0” checkbox and click on OK

#5. Re-build your project and check if the error disappears

Sincerely,

Anna

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com

Monday, October 26, 2020 7:43 AM
  • Dear customer,
    Welcome to the MSDN forum and does your issue was solved by yourself? If so, would you please mark your reply as answer and that will help other community member to easier search this useful information?
    If not, you can have a look at Anna's suggestion. This Dll 'Microsoft.Windows.Design.Extensibility' belongs to VS and it should locate under the folder 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\2019\Professional\Common7\IDE\PublicAssemblies' that you shared, we can add it through Add Reference > Assemblies.

Best regards,
    Sara

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com

Wednesday, October 28, 2020 6:54 AM