Property for shading in OneNote 2010 format RRS feed

• Question

• Hello!

I see that OneNote app have a possibility to set background color for table cell.
    This feature is available under Table -> Shading menu(see screenshot below).

But I don't observe any property for this feature in MS-ONE specification.

Could you point me out what property should I use to get/set this color?

Sincerely, Alexei.

• Edited by AlexeiSo Wednesday, September 23, 2020 8:42 PM
    Wednesday, September 23, 2020 8:40 PM

Answers

• Hi Alexei, 

I found something and wonder if you can search your property sets for this value: 0x14001e26. 

I have some doubts here. I do see this as the property id used in OneNote 2016 but it might be dynamically generated, so I would like to know if you can confirm this value in your file? I'm checking with the OneNote team also to confirm the way the property id is acquired.

The type of property is [MS-ONE] 2.2.8 COLORREF. So it matches the type that should be used.

Best regards,
    Tom Jebo
    Sr Escalation Engineer
    Microsoft Open Specifications

• Marked as answer by AlexeiSo Tuesday, September 29, 2020 8:11 PM
    Friday, September 25, 2020 5:59 AM

All replies

• Hi Alexei, 

Thanks for your question about table cell background color in MS-ONE. I will look into this and get back to you with more information. 

Best regards,
    Tom Jebo
    Sr Escalation Engineer

Thursday, September 24, 2020 4:55 PM
  • Hi Alexei, 

I found something and wonder if you can search your property sets for this value: 0x14001e26. 

I have some doubts here. I do see this as the property id used in OneNote 2016 but it might be dynamically generated, so I would like to know if you can confirm this value in your file? I'm checking with the OneNote team also to confirm the way the property id is acquired.

The type of property is [MS-ONE] 2.2.8 COLORREF. So it matches the type that should be used.

Best regards,
    Tom Jebo
    Sr Escalation Engineer

• Marked as answer by AlexeiSo Tuesday, September 29, 2020 8:11 PM
    Friday, September 25, 2020 5:59 AM
  • Hi, Tom!

I don't see the property with id 0x14001e26 but I see the property with id 0x1e26, i.e. last 2 bytes are the same. And value of this property can be converted to proper table cell color.

Can I think of this id value as reserved for table cell background color?

Thanks.

Sincerely, Alexei.

Friday, September 25, 2020 5:27 PM
  • Yes, this should be the property. Can you tell me what the full property id looks like. If not 0x1400, what are the first two bytes or are there more than four bytes? These are composed property id's so there may be a reason for the first two bytes being different (i.e. property type or size is different). 

Tom

Friday, September 25, 2020 7:50 PM
  • Yes, this should be the property. Can you tell me what the full property id looks like. If not 0x1400, what are the first two bytes or are there more than four bytes? These are composed property id's so there may be a reason for the first two bytes being different (i.e. property type or size is different). 

Tom

In MS-ONESTORE, 2.6.6 PropertyID chapter the 'id' field of 26 bits size is described.
    I read it and get the value 0x1e26.

Friday, September 25, 2020 8:38 PM
  • Right but the full PropertyId should consist of 32 bits. What is the full 32 bit id? 

Tom

Friday, September 25, 2020 9:44 PM
  • The full PropertyID is 0x14001e26.
    0x1e26 is the value of 'id' field.

Saturday, September 26, 2020 4:14 PM
  • To confirm, previously you said, "I don't see the property with id 0x14001e26 but..." but  now you see the full property id with the 0x1400? 

If so, then I'll request that we add this to the document list in [MS-ONE] 2.1.12.

Tom

Saturday, September 26, 2020 6:05 PM
  • Yeah, now I see the full property id with value 0x14001e26.
    First time I took a look only at the value of 'id' field.

Thanks!
    Sunday, September 27, 2020 7:57 AM
  • Great, thanks. I'll submit a request to get this property added. 

Tom

Sunday, September 27, 2020 6:36 PM