none
ClickOnce Cache RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I am using ClickOnce to install applications. However, my cache is getting corrupted and that too very frequently.

I did find a solution of deleteing the apps/2.0 folder on your machine. Is there an alternative solution, as delteting the cache deletes all the ClickOnce applications installed on your machine.

I get error like "Store Metadata , deployment manifest URI is not valid" or " the referenced assembly can't be found on your system".

Thanks ahead,

Aenul

Thursday, January 6, 2011 9:14 PM

Answers

•  

Hi Aenul,

If it shows you that error message, I think, then you will need to use the mage.exe  tool with the -cc command:

Mage.exe -cc, to clear the application cache on that machine.  The mage.exe utility comes with .NET Framework SDK.

Maybe this is the second option you're looking for: command-line: rundll32 dfshim CleanOnlineAppCache.

If there's any concern, please feel free to let us know.

Have a nice day!

Mike [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Get or Request Code Sample from Microsoft
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Wednesday, January 12, 2011 5:22 PM

All replies

• Hi,

How frequently does it fail? If you install it, publish an update, and run the app, does it pick up the updates okay?

What do the following look like in the publish tab of the properties for your main project? Are you publishing to a webserver or a file share?

-- installation URL
        -- publishing file location
        -- update URL (in the Updates dialog)

Also, in the Properties dialog, do you have the checkbox checked that says something like "exclude deployment URL" ?

RobinDotNet

Click here to visit my ClickOnce blog!
    Microsoft MVP, Client App Dev
    Friday, January 7, 2011 4:34 AM
  •  

Hi Aenul,

If it shows you that error message, I think, then you will need to use the mage.exe  tool with the -cc command:

Mage.exe -cc, to clear the application cache on that machine.  The mage.exe utility comes with .NET Framework SDK.

Maybe this is the second option you're looking for: command-line: rundll32 dfshim CleanOnlineAppCache.

If there's any concern, please feel free to let us know.

Have a nice day!

Mike [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Get or Request Code Sample from Microsoft
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Wednesday, January 12, 2011 5:22 PM