How to create a view for My Team? RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

Applies To: SharePoint Server 2013

Environment: User Profiles are configured and property for Manager has been set for the users.

Users:

• Epmadmin
    • Epmtest1 (Manager: epmadmin)
    • Epmtest2 (Manager: epmtest1)
    • Epmtest3 (Manager: epmtest1)
    • Epmtest4 (Manager: epmadmin)

Requirement: We need to create a view where when a person logs in will be able to view tasks for the users under his authority.

For example when Epmtest2 logs in he will see his tasks but when Epmtest1 logs in he should see tasks for Epmtest2 and Epmtest3.

Tanzim Akhtar

Tuesday, February 26, 2013 1:33 PM

Answers

• It is done alHamdulillaah.

My developer was able to get this Manager field in the workflow and set it in the as a variable.

Then used it in the Views.

Thank you Vishal for your inputs.

Tanzim Akhtar

• Proposed as answer by VermaVishal Thursday, February 28, 2013 9:37 AM
    • Marked as answer by Kelly Chen 2012 Friday, March 1, 2013 8:28 AM
    Wednesday, February 27, 2013 10:24 AM

All replies

• Login to the sharepoint with a Admin user (SharePoint Access Full Control). Within Tasks, Navigate to List->List Settings.

Towards the bottom of the list settings you will find Views. Click on the All Task view and within the Edit View-> Filter select the radio button "Show items only when the following is true". Change condition to Assigned To is equal to [Me]. Now create Users as mentioned above and create Tasks for each of them. Each user will be able to see only tasks that were assigned to him. Play around with this

Wednesday, February 27, 2013 6:54 AM
  • Thank you Vishal,

The solution you mentioned is for "My Tasks" i.e. the task that are Assigned To.

However my requirement is that I as a Manager should see the tasks that are assigned to my team people.

Please see the users and in the brackets their roles.

Regards

Tanzim Akhtar

Tanzim Akhtar

Wednesday, February 27, 2013 8:44 AM
  • Tanzim,

Are you the one creating these tasks for the people aligned to? If yes, then you can add a new view (say "Created By Me") and set the Created By Column to [Me]. If none of the other users are creating any tasks (as they will have read/browse) privileges. At any time the person who creates the task will be able to see the tasks in this view. If you have a default user created for task creation you can replace [Me] by that particular user.

Various permutation and combination of what you need can be used to create the views. Let me know if this helps you?

Thanks,

Vishal

Wednesday, February 27, 2013 9:23 AM
  • Alternatively, have all the Managers create a personal view in there name (epmtest1 will be the view for epmtest1) and let them create tasks for the users  under them and modify the Created By as [Me]. Make sure that the managers create "Personal" view and they can set this as default view for their respective logins.

That way when epmtest1 logs in and creates tasks for Epmtest2. He would always see these tasks only.

Wednesday, February 27, 2013 9:28 AM
  • Well thank you once again.

The tasks can be created by anyone. So the user should be able to see according to the entries marked in User Profile properties.

Tanzim Akhtar

Wednesday, February 27, 2013 9:49 AM
  • It is done alHamdulillaah.

My developer was able to get this Manager field in the workflow and set it in the as a variable.

Then used it in the Views.

Thank you Vishal for your inputs.

Tanzim Akhtar

• Proposed as answer by VermaVishal Thursday, February 28, 2013 9:37 AM
    • Marked as answer by Kelly Chen 2012 Friday, March 1, 2013 8:28 AM
    Wednesday, February 27, 2013 10:24 AM