Making the comments section mandatory in for the reviewer in the code review feature. RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

How can we make the Comments section mandatory for the Reviewer who is sending a review for a Code Review request. of the TFS 2015 Code review feature ?

Thanks & Regards

Friday, September 2, 2016 3:02 PM

Answers

• Hi Chunmun1,

No, this is by design, I am afraid we can't change it. If there is no problem with the code. Reviewer can close the code review request directly. And there is no need to add a comment if passed.

Best Regards,

Lake Xiao

Tuesday, September 6, 2016 1:43 AM

All replies

• Hi Chunmun1,

What Comments section did you refer to?

As far as I know, the comments section is mandatory if you want to send the comments.  Did you mean reviewers can close the review request without adding a comments?

If so, this is by design, we can change it. If I misunderstood your problem. Please feel free to let me know.

Best Regards,

Lake Xiao

Monday, September 5, 2016 5:30 AM
  • Hi,

Thanks for your reply, yes I meant to say Reviewers Comments section to be mandatory, how can we do that?

Thanks & Regards

Monday, September 5, 2016 7:29 PM
  • Hi Chunmun1,

No, this is by design, I am afraid we can't change it. If there is no problem with the code. Reviewer can close the code review request directly. And there is no need to add a comment if passed.

Best Regards,

Lake Xiao

Tuesday, September 6, 2016 1:43 AM