none
I need help with the web browser. RRS feed

• Question

• I am making a game using Adobe Flash to creat the game. But I want to use C# so people can download the game and it has it's own .exe and it does not have to run in their browser/I don't need to creat a prejector. So I put a Web Browser into a blank form and direct it to the .swf file that Flash made. I test the application and I cannot click buttions in the flash file. I can only click one but then it does not let me click anymore.

I would use the Shockwave Flash object, but I also have some HTML files that I want to display before the game starts. So web browser is what I have to use.

Can someone help me with this? I do not know ANY coding in C# I barly know how to do what I am doing. So keep it basic if you can =).

Thanks
    Friday, August 17, 2007 8:50 AM

Answers

• Hi IcantspellXIII,

Try to use the AxWebBrowser component instead of WebBrowser. If you cannot see this control on the toolbox, take the following steps:

1. Right click on the ToolBox and select 'Choose Items ...'
    2. Select the COM tab
    3. Locate "Microsoft Web Browser" in the list and check it
    4. Cilck Ok

There should now be a Microsoft Web Browser item in your toolbox, and drag it onto your form.It will automatically add necessary references to SHDocVw and AxSHDocVw. The following code show how to navigate the .swf file.

Code Snippet
                this.axWebBrowser1.Navigate(filepath);

Hope this helps.

Best regards.

Tuesday, August 21, 2007 9:04 AM

All replies

• hi

can you write the extension of flash file. Is it .swf ?

Friday, August 17, 2007 9:47 AM
  • Yes, it is a .swf.
    Friday, August 17, 2007 10:43 PM
  • Hi IcantspellXIII,

Try to use the AxWebBrowser component instead of WebBrowser. If you cannot see this control on the toolbox, take the following steps:

1. Right click on the ToolBox and select 'Choose Items ...'
    2. Select the COM tab
    3. Locate "Microsoft Web Browser" in the list and check it
    4. Cilck Ok

There should now be a Microsoft Web Browser item in your toolbox, and drag it onto your form.It will automatically add necessary references to SHDocVw and AxSHDocVw. The following code show how to navigate the .swf file.

Code Snippet
                this.axWebBrowser1.Navigate(filepath);

Hope this helps.

Best regards.

Tuesday, August 21, 2007 9:04 AM
  • Why not use the ShockwaveFlash object to view HTML files?

Wednesday, August 22, 2007 8:02 PM
  • Like others that have probably surfed this direction looking for some answers on how to integrate flash into a vb exe, I have the object issue that others do.  another thread lead to this one as a solution however if you go this route can you pass variables between the vb code and actionscript???

• Proposed as answer by margaj Wednesday, April 22, 2009 10:34 PM
    Thursday, October 4, 2007 9:40 PM