I started this publishing process about a month ago. First I was informed that its as simple as a click on the build menu. This was useful and got me started. I discovered some run-time errors in the course of executing a task. I was moving my task and other information via FTP to my server. The menu I have built executes fine and the only problem I have is in running simple task involving sqlserver express. I should also note that everything works fine on my local server. I eliminated a couple of runtime errors by merely setting the framework to 4.0 on the providing host machine (as it is on my own). Finally, I got a clean bill of health when I clicked "PUBLISH". Result when I tried on the server, was missing connection strings information that I believe is included in the "WEB.CONFIG" file. One of my problems is understanding what is supposed to happen when I "Publish".
Moving on as if I know what I am doing, I FTP'd my WEB file to the remote and at least changed the error (profuse output pasted in below). Don't know where to go from here. All that I am looking for is how to configure the application to run the sqlserver related task. This is all I have sought from the get-go, and no one has given me a working answer.
My server dump is below>
I will in the meantime pass this on to my provider as it seems to be saying that a successful connection to sqlserver is not being made.