none
Fixed3D Not Working on Form RRS feed

• Question

• I have my FormBorderStyle set at Fixed3D.  It shows up in the IDE correctly, but when I run it is showing up as Sizable setting or something with a thick border.  It certainly does not look like it does in the DesignView.  I think it worked, until I tried to change it, and it never went back to normal.  Anyone else having this issue?  How do I fix this?
    • Moved by CoolDadTx Monday, January 23, 2012 2:39 PM Winforms related (From:Visual C# General)
    Tuesday, January 17, 2012 1:10 PM

Answers

All replies

• It just doesn't make sense.  I have the FormBorderStyle setting in the properties box set to Fixed3D, yet I have a big fat border like a Sizable border, yet its fixed.  Just dont like to look and would like to get the proper 3D board displayed as requested.

Jeff

Tuesday, January 17, 2012 10:28 PM
  • I'm not sure, but check if you have a call to Application.EnableVisualStyles() in your Main method.

Wednesday, January 18, 2012 11:08 AM
  • Well, I'm not sure how to look at the Main method in C#. But I can tell you that I haven't seen it in any code so far.
    Monday, January 23, 2012 3:54 AM
  • Hi,

The Main method is in one file named Program.cs by default.
    Besides, If the suggested method does not work please create a new Form in your project to see if the same problem exist. I suspect it should be individual case due to some unknown reasons in your current project.

Have a nice day, 
    Leo Liu [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Monday, January 23, 2012 10:56 AM
  • I'm afraid that you can view the expected style in the Classic theme.
    Mike Zhang[MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Tuesday, January 24, 2012 4:04 AM
  • You must commenting out Application.EnableVisualStyles() in Program.cs? Works fine to me.
    Sunday, March 22, 2015 4:02 PM