BLACK SCREEN - Every time I turn on my Computer - WHY? RRS feed

• Question

• I'm a Mom who has only learned what my kids taught me before they moved out and I have So many issues and subjects I don't know where to turn to LEARN what to do.   I'm turning to the Help Suggestions from the computer site,  but I really don't even know what I'm doing.

I turn on my computer everyday -Windows 7 to my Homepage of Comcast.net -  I get NOTHING but a BLACK SCREEN and I have NO idea why.  So I turn my computer off and then back on 2-3-4 times and it will finally give me my screen.  I've heard that is very bad for your computer....is that so? 

But that's the only way I can finally bring up my home page screen after 5-10minutes of turning it on and off. 

Am I killing my computer doing this?  I feel like ONE of these times - it won't EVER come up again....is it time for a New Computer?  What's going On with this issue? 

HELP ME Anyone....I really don't know very much about Computers,  and I'm totally Stuck!

Anyone out there know what I'm talking about and could send me in the right direction to solve this problem?

Thank You!  

Thursday, May 21, 2015 2:56 AM