none
HTML Schema Validation Not Working (unavailable) RRS feed

• Question

• First off, thank you in advance for any help anyone can provide me with my issue!

I have recently installed a fresh copy of Visual Studio 2013 Pro on a fresh install of Windows 8.1 Pro (completely updated, all extensions updated in VS). When I try to validate (or code format with CTRL+K, CTRL+D) on any cshtml file (HTML), the schema dropdown selector is disabled and I am unable to select a schema to validate against.

Any help in fixing this would be greatly appreciated!

Thursday, May 22, 2014 8:23 PM

Answers

• Hi Adam,

Thank you for posting in the MSDN forum.

The schema dropdown selector is disabled and I am unable to select a schema to validate against.

Could you share me a screen shot about your result in your side? How can we repro this issue in our side?

As far as I know, the HTML Validation is under the option TOOLS->Options like the following screen shot, it seems that it is different in VS2013.

VS2010:

VS2013:

So you would check whether you select the correct option, if still no help, you’d better share us a screen shot about your result and the detailed steps if we repro this issue, so we could make sure that whether it is your VS IDE issue or others. Of course, if you have other VS machine, you could test it in other machine.

If I have misunderstood this issue, please make free feel to let me know.

Best Regards,

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Friday, May 23, 2014 8:53 AM
  • Hi Adam,

As my previous reply, it is a workaround.

If you mean that you want to get the Target Schema for Validation Toolbar like the following screen shot.

You could right click your .cshtml ->Open with, and then select HTML (Web Forms) Editor, you will get it.

Best Regards,

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.

Thursday, May 29, 2014 2:46 AM

All replies

• Hi Adam,

Thank you for posting in the MSDN forum.

The schema dropdown selector is disabled and I am unable to select a schema to validate against.

Could you share me a screen shot about your result in your side? How can we repro this issue in our side?

As far as I know, the HTML Validation is under the option TOOLS->Options like the following screen shot, it seems that it is different in VS2013.

VS2010:

VS2013:

So you would check whether you select the correct option, if still no help, you’d better share us a screen shot about your result and the detailed steps if we repro this issue, so we could make sure that whether it is your VS IDE issue or others. Of course, if you have other VS machine, you could test it in other machine.

If I have misunderstood this issue, please make free feel to let me know.

Best Regards,

Friday, May 23, 2014 8:53 AM
  • Hi Adam,

I am writing to check the status of the issue on your side. 

What about this problem now?

Would you mind letting us know the latest information about this issue?

Best Regards,

Monday, May 26, 2014 2:16 AM
  • Thanks for your reply Jack! Sorry I'm just now getting back to you; thought I would get an email notification when there was a reply.

What's odd is I do indeed see the validation options in the Options area (as you show in your screenshot), but I don't see it in the "Target Schema" area of the "HTML Source Editing" toolbar. Is this normal in VS 2013 or am I misunderstanding how this toolbar works?

Thank you VERY much for you replies!

Wednesday, May 28, 2014 10:50 PM
  • Hi Adam,

As my previous reply, it is a workaround.

If you mean that you want to get the Target Schema for Validation Toolbar like the following screen shot.

You could right click your .cshtml ->Open with, and then select HTML (Web Forms) Editor, you will get it.

Best Regards,

Thursday, May 29, 2014 2:46 AM
  • Very nice. Thank you for this instruction.
    Sunday, January 18, 2015 12:48 AM