none
metadata "ApplicationSourceUri" is not valid during install RRS feed

• Question

• Having developed an application to log my Router stats, which works fine during development and did work ok for a while when published through several different versions. However now when I deploy it during the install (on the development machine) i encounter the error

"* Activation of G:\VB.Net\BTHubLogger\BTHubLogger.application resulted in exception. Following failure messages were detected:
      + Store metadata "ApplicationSourceUri" is not valid."

I have re-built and rechecked code and structure but can't find anything wrong?, I assume I have either a corrupted or lost file?

Having Googled this I can't find any reference to my particular error? Has anyone got any ideas as what the problem is? My next step is to re-build another application from scratch and re-populate my code!

Thanks

Sunday, December 11, 2011 4:01 PM

Answers

• As an update, I resolved this by deleting the Registry Key "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Classes\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion \Deployment\SideBySide\2.0\PackageMetadata" associated with application. After re-building and publishing it, it is now fine?
    • Marked as answer by Adrian KJ Monday, December 12, 2011 10:18 PM
    Monday, December 12, 2011 10:18 PM

All replies

• As an update, I resolved this by deleting the Registry Key "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Classes\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion \Deployment\SideBySide\2.0\PackageMetadata" associated with application. After re-building and publishing it, it is now fine?
    • Marked as answer by Adrian KJ Monday, December 12, 2011 10:18 PM
    Monday, December 12, 2011 10:18 PM
  • Hi Adrian,
    Welcome to the MSDN Forum.
    I’m glad to hear that you have resolved the problem and thank you for sharing the solution with us. It will help other community members who have similar questions.
    Best Regards,

Bob Wu [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    • Proposed as answer by jslx7 Tuesday, January 7, 2014 7:08 PM
    Tuesday, December 13, 2011 6:21 AM
  • I went completely nuts on this issue. I tried deleting the Registry keys 'associated with  aplication' first, but no success. 

Then I thought, what the heck, I'll delete the whole bunch under 'PackageMetadata' (after making a backup of the registry key). And it worked!

Tnx Adrian!

Martin Drenth | MCP www.flores.nl

Thursday, March 21, 2013 4:15 PM
  • Thank you. You made my day.......  ;)

Jarmo Laakso, MCP

Tuesday, January 7, 2014 8:00 PM
  • Excellent !
    Monday, February 24, 2014 12:09 PM
  • I did as you said and it worked well.

But... Does anyone know why it happens ?
    I didn't have any change in my pc when it happened.

Friday, October 3, 2014 7:33 PM