none
Where does ClickOnce put files? RRS feed

• Question

• When installing an application onto a user's machine, using ClickOnce, where does it place the files? I believe I'm going to need access to the configuration files, in order to edit them. Also, I'd like to be able to do a run as a different user, but I can't with the short cut on the desktop. At least not in Windows 7.

(As an aside, I don't like this most recent revision of the MSDN Forums. It is harder to find the right forum to post a question to. So I resort to posting to something that's related and then a moderator moves my post. I'd gladly post it to the correct forum, if only I could find it.)

Rod

• Moved by Lisa Zhu Wednesday, July 10, 2013 7:08 AM clickonce related
    Tuesday, July 9, 2013 4:39 PM

Answers

• Hi Rod,

Each ClickOnce application is installed in per-user, per-application cache folder. You can find the folder like:

C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\Apps\2.0

Generally it is not possible for one user to use the ClickOnce application installed by others unless you have the administrator privilege.

You can go to Publish tab and click Application Files button. The files whose Publish Status are Data File will be installed into data folder, which you can specify by System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationDeployment.CurrentDeployment.DataDirectory property. Other files will be installed in the same folder as the executable file. For example, System.Windows.Forms.Application.StartupPath can be used to get the path.

By default, some files like database files and xml files will be included as Data File and be installed in the data folder.

Best regards,

Chester Hong
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Develop and promote your apps in Windows Store
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help

Wednesday, July 10, 2013 3:35 PM

All replies

• Hi Rod,

Each ClickOnce application is installed in per-user, per-application cache folder. You can find the folder like:

C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\Apps\2.0

Generally it is not possible for one user to use the ClickOnce application installed by others unless you have the administrator privilege.

You can go to Publish tab and click Application Files button. The files whose Publish Status are Data File will be installed into data folder, which you can specify by System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationDeployment.CurrentDeployment.DataDirectory property. Other files will be installed in the same folder as the executable file. For example, System.Windows.Forms.Application.StartupPath can be used to get the path.

By default, some files like database files and xml files will be included as Data File and be installed in the data folder.

Best regards,

Chester Hong
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Develop and promote your apps in Windows Store
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help

Wednesday, July 10, 2013 3:35 PM
  • hi
    Clickonce is generally installed in C:\Documents and Setting\** (User) \Local Settings\Apps\2.0 folder, this folder you can open your computer to find your installed applications, and perform other operations
    Thank you
    Thursday, July 11, 2013 2:11 AM
  • It will install to a default pass.General the pass :C:\Programme File\\username\AppData\Local\Apps\2.0.

Thursday, July 11, 2013 6:14 AM