AzMigrate: Guest Credentials for Replication Server does't show RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I'm trying to Start to Replicate a Server (Only for Tests, non-real Production environment). But I get stuck in the step when I select REPLICATE SERVER in the Assessment Migrate Panel and later Select the Configuration and Process Server, but at this point, I have to select a GUEST CREDENTIAL but it shows nothing, NOT ITEM TO SHOW or NOT ITEMS AVAILABLE.

Before that, I installed the Mobility Service on the Physical Server I want to migrate to.

I'm following the procedure on this official doc: https://docs.microsoft.com/es-mx/azure/migrate/tutorial-migrate-physical-virtual-machines

What I have to do to add that QUEST CREDENTIAL?.

I hope you guys could help me with this and I will appreciate so much your time and will to help.

Greetings!. Saludos!

PD: Sorry for my English :)

• Edited by BADRIDER Monday, May 11, 2020 12:22 AM change tittle
    Monday, May 11, 2020 12:13 AM

Answers

• Use the following from documentation:
    Under the replication device configuration file, as described in the following procedure.After the installation is complete, the Device Configuration Wizard will start automatically (you can also start the wizard manually by using the cspsconfigtool shortcut that is created on the device desktop).Use the Manage Accounts tab of the Add Account Details Wizard to use for the Mobility service pull installation.In this tutorial, we're going to manually install the Mobility service on the machines to replicate, so you need to create a dummy account in this step and continue.

Step:9 in this link - https://docs.microsoft.com/es-mx/azure/migrate/tutorial-migrate-physical-virtual-machines

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ Please take a moment to "Mark as Answer" and "Vote as Helpful" wherever applicable. Thanks!

Wednesday, May 13, 2020 3:06 PM

All replies

• Greetings!

You need to add dummy account in the configuration server.

Reference to a similar forum query - https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/1cf67c31-6ef7-49b3-8c68-e34519da819b/cannot-start-replication-where-do-i-enter-guest-credentials?forum=AzureMigrate

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ If this answer was helpful, click “Mark as Answer” and Up-Vote. Feel free to reach out to us if you've any further questions in this matter.

Monday, May 11, 2020 5:04 AM
  • Hello, thank you so much for your reply. That link shows the same problem as me but I still confused because I don´t know where and How can I add the "dummy account" on my configuration server. Can you explain to me more about this?. I have some accounts locally in the configuration and process server, Guest, Administrator, another administrator and regular account.
    Monday, May 11, 2020 7:48 AM
  • I still stuck in this part. I don't what else I have to do. :(

Well, I'm gonna delete all stuff I did and I'm gonna do every again being very carefully about the guides, I hope this time Im gonna make it well :). I will tell you guys later.

Tuesday, May 12, 2020 4:27 PM
  • Use the following from documentation:
    Under the replication device configuration file, as described in the following procedure.After the installation is complete, the Device Configuration Wizard will start automatically (you can also start the wizard manually by using the cspsconfigtool shortcut that is created on the device desktop).Use the Manage Accounts tab of the Add Account Details Wizard to use for the Mobility service pull installation.In this tutorial, we're going to manually install the Mobility service on the machines to replicate, so you need to create a dummy account in this step and continue.

Step:9 in this link - https://docs.microsoft.com/es-mx/azure/migrate/tutorial-migrate-physical-virtual-machines

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ Please take a moment to "Mark as Answer" and "Vote as Helpful" wherever applicable. Thanks!

Wednesday, May 13, 2020 3:06 PM
  • Thank you very much for answer me. I think I did something like that, but it didn´t work for me. I'm going to do again since "0". After that I will back here to post my result.

Thank you again.

Thursday, May 14, 2020 2:32 PM
  • Good luck :)
    Thursday, May 14, 2020 3:50 PM