SSRS is so slow RRS feed

• Question

• Hi.  Forgive me if this is the wrong forum.  There doesn't seem to be a dedicated SQL forum anymore.

I'm migrating reports from an SSRS implementation on SQL Server 2012 to SQL Server 2019, and the reports render painfully slow on 2019.  We're talking minutes.  I've scoured the internet and it seems like this is a common question, but the answers point toward making the DB queries more efficient, using Stored Procedures, etc - but I have this problem even when the report doesn't pull any data from SQL Server.

I created a Test Report that has a single text field parameter, and the dataset is literally just:

SELECT
    FROM
         (VALUES ('test 1', 'test 2', 'test 3')) E(test,test2,test3)

When I click on the icon to load the report, it takes 25 seconds just to load the parameter screen.  If I type something in and click "View Report" the report can take up to a minute to return the "report" with those 3 static values.

This occurs for all users, and any browser.

Any ideas or suggestions as to why SSRS is slow on my new server?  While the report is rendering, it's not stressing the cpu or memory on that server in the least... 4% cpu, no change in memory...  it doesn't even seem like the browser is trying to pull data.

Thanks for your help!

Monday, November 16, 2020 3:31 PM

All replies